3

Bettys POV
"He is the Serpent Prince, he's basically royalty!" I was confused saying "P-Prince? As in..."

He said "in the most powerful gang in Riverdale!"

I sighed in relief holding my chest as he said "that's still a huge honor, they're the most feared gang in town Betty."

I frowned and said "so is it a bad idea?"

He shouted "absolutely not! You're gonna go on that little date with him!"

I gulped and saw my mom in the parking lot. "Sorry Kevin."

He told me "here's my number, we need to keep talking."

I smiled and he walked off and I walked to my moms car.

"Who was that boy you were talking to?"

I smiled and told her "my new friend Kevin, he's really sweet."

She sighed and nodded saying "get in the car I've gotta drop you off at your brothers."

I nodded and got in as she drove off.

When we arrived I mentioned "there's a party tonight...a welcome back party."

She sighed and I begged "please mom! Can I go! That boy Kevin is really sweet and he's going too! And plus this nice guy invited me..."

She scoffed out "a boy!?"

I told her "mom! I'm not an idiot I promise nothing will happen!"

She groaned and rubbed her head "no, you are on your meds, I will not allow you to drink, I know those types of parties."

I told her "I'll bring water! Please mom? I won't drink, I'll text you every five to ten minutes... please?"

She sighed and I said "I just...kids like me. For the very first time I'm not being called names, threatened, or hurt. I even tried out for cheer and the head cheerleader was sweet even when rejecting me."

She continued to think and I held my moms hand "please? I promise I won't do anything dangerous that can hurt me."

She turned her head to me and I gave her a smile as she groaned "fine. You can go. But I am dropping you off and picking you up."

I nodded saying "of course."

She smiled and I smiled back as I hugged her before exiting the car.

As I did my homework in Charles's office he came in with some food and set it down.

I grabbed the bag as he asked me "sorry, meetings all morning."

I told him "it's fine, being an FBI agent definitely sounds like a busy job."

He laughed with me as he asked "how was your first day."

I smiled and told him "I think it went great, I made a friend named Kevin, he's really sweet."

He nodded saying "good, I'm glad."

I smiled and told him "I also got invited to a party, mom allowed it."

He looked at me with a stern expression "Charles, I have to learn how to be...more open and independent, I know you all are worried, but I told mom, I won't drink, I will text her every few minutes. It's hard yes...but I promise I'm not gonna hurt myself."

He sighed and said "you'll call me if anything happens right?"

I nodded and he smiled and kissed my head.

Later that day when I arrived home I began getting ready. I slipped on some white stockings as I looked at myself while slipping into a pink dress. As I spun around I glanced down to my wrists and frowned rubbing them. I looked around as I tried to think of a solution. I wrapped them nicely and grabbed a bracelet loose enough to not tug. I began to do my hair and makeup as my mom came in.