48

Jugheads POV
I was at home as I looked around and my mom smiled "hey Jughead, your hungry?"

I shook my head. "I'm going out actually."

She acknowledged that's the fifth time this week. Where you running off too?" I laughed out "nowhere I promise. I just like being outside."

She nodded and I smiled as she groaned out "fine but don't get into trouble." I nodded and left.

I got to Betty's house and knocked on the door and saw her mom answer it and smiled "hey Mrs Cooper."

She smiled and I asked "where's Betty?"

And suddenly Betty walked out in a pink dress and I was confused as she smiled and took my hand "don't worry. Come on.."

I smiled and followed her. We go to a vent on my bike as I saw two people their standing and I was confused turning to Betty. "Jug this Kevin and Veronica my friends. They're here to help me with this part..."

I nodded and Kevin put a blazer on me and a tie and Veronica fixed my hair and said "the venue is done, music on. Go have fun!"

I was still confused but nodded and Betty smiled pulling me into the venue. The place was lit up in purple lights, looked really expensive and all as if a huge party were to take place.

Betty giggled pulling me to the floor telling me "this is the night we got back together..." I looked at her as she smiled and told me "we were apart for a long time...but we...we wanted to make things work. And we did that."

I smiled and she smiled back.

She held me close to her she said "you never danced well but...I didn't care." I looked at her as she looked at me and said "I'm sorry that I did this to you..."

I shook my head and "you did nothing. Something told me that I was happier with you. And all I want is to find out why...how..."

She nodded and told me "it's just...you spent the night at my home, maybe if you didn't...if we didn't get back together..."

I cupped her face as she looked at me and I told her "don't...don't do that. You're one of the strongest girls I have met, I mean yes you started giving up. But look at you, you're trying so hard to make me remember and this...this whole set up...it just...thank you."

She smiled at me again as I kissed her forehead and she smiled at me and held my shoulders saying "I'm just...proud that you've been able to do it all...that you've been so brave..."

I nodded and she hugged me. I held her and rubbed her back as I shut my eyes as I heard her crying as I frowned and suddenly she got a call.

She pulled away and wiped her tears saying "I've gotta take this, sorry."

I nodded and she walked away and I just stood there and looked around.

Bettys POV
I took the call hearing "so I see you're trying your hardest...is it killing you that you can't save him?"

I groaned out "what do you want Bret? You have everything you could've wanted just leave me alone."

He laughed and told me "oh don't worry. I will but I promise you that it will be the last time you see me, or anyone."

I was confused and said "Bret you're an idiot, I hate you, and the only reason I never stood up to you was because I was scared, but now I'm not. Stay away from me, stay away from everyone I love because you're just pathetic! You don't know anything about family, love, happiness! You're just filled with hatred and jealousy and I have no time for that."

I hung up and washed up my face and sighed as I left the bathroom heading back seeing Jughead as he made eye contact with me. He gave me a small smile and I gave one back to him as he groaned holding his temples. I panicked as he held his temples and I ran over to him as he panted softly and held my arms and shoulders.

I said "Jug? Jug?!"

He opened his eyes and looked at me and held my face and I gulped and he said "I...Betty..."

I was confused as suddenly he began walking out "Jughead!" But he didn't pay attention "Jughead!"

He shouted "I'm gonna kill her."

I grabbed his arm shouting "Jughead what's wrong!?"

Kevin and Veronica still outside noticed and I went in front of Jughead shouting "you're not leaving till you tell me what's wrong!?"

He looked at me telling me "I know who tried to kill us in the crash."

I rose my eyebrows as I said "Jug stop!" He shouted "give me a good reason!"

I sighed and told him "Kevin has your jacket. He won't give you your keys until you can calm down."

He looked at me and groaned rubbing his forehead.

I looked at Kevin and Veronica and turned back to Jughead as I asked him "what do you remember?"

He looked at me and sighed "it was...just leading up to the crash you had said to me...that you loved me and before I could answer I saw in my vision...Penny."

I rose my eyebrows and said "okay, I'll call Charles but you're not going back on that bike."

He sighed and I gulped as he groaned out "fine..."

I smiled and told him "in order for this to fully be worth it...we need to get you the rest of your memories, the courts will just think you're lying since you barely remember much else."

He nodded and I shivered as Kevin walked up and smirked "I have an idea."

I was confused and he whispered to Veronica and she smiled and told us "oh it's gonna be great."

Jughead and I were still confused but that's just how they left it.