29

Jugheads POV
I watched Betty leave and turned back to my dad. He smiled at me and told me "Jughead..."

I nodded and without any hesitation he told me "you need to break up with that girl."

I was confused and startled by his suggestion as I scoffed out "dad are you okay?"

He groaned out "I'm serious Jughead."

I scoffed out again "dad what the hell?"

He told me "you think she is safe? Safe with you?"

I looked at him and he told me "Jughead, you have seen what could happen, how much power people can have. The Ghoulies will find out about her, I'm surprised if they haven't already."

I told him "they don't! And they won't!"

My dad told me "Jughead they will find out one way or another, break up with her before you cause more pain."

I told him "I love her I'm not gonna do that!"

He shouted "you don't know what you're saying son. I have seen firsthand what they do to the people you love, they will manipulate you into doing anything just to protect someone. Now please Jughead I'm exhausted."

I frowned and watched my dad lay back down on his hospital bed and I sighed.

When I got home I saw my mom cooking as she smiled "how was the visit with your dad?"

I sighed and sat down on the couch and asked my mom "why do I need to break up with Betty?"

She looked at me and sighed and set down a pan and walked over and at beside me "I'm not gonna do it..."

She nodded softly and tried to tell me "I know but...Jughead you know Penny is not gonna stop until she gets what she wants, the Serpents. Us. She will figure out your weakness Jughead and that is why I didn't want to give you and your girlfriend attention in the first place. I know what will happen and I don't want you to suffer because of it."

I sighed and she frowned and kissed my head "I don't want you to break her heart, but isn't it better to know that she's okay and safe instead of worrying everyday about her? Having to worry about what she may be doing, who she is with, who she's talking too?"

I sighed and she kissed my temple again before getting up and walking back to make food.

Betty's POV
Some time had passed and it was the day of homecoming. I was extremely excited Kevin and I helped Veronica and the rest of the cheerleading squad get the gym looking nice and great as Kevin set me down he suddenly got a text as he gasped dropping his phone. I jumped at the noises of the phone and he held onto the wall as if about to have a panic attack.

"Kev? Are you okay?"

He grabbed my shoulders and began shaking me "Joaquin is coming to be my date!"

I held his shoulders as he shook me intensely and I shouted "okay Kev stop shaking me!"

He did as I wanted and I sighed and laughed "that's great! Maybe afterwords we can go on a double date!"

He scoffed out "yeah, no Betty."

I frowned and he smirked "maybe..."

I smirked back as he walked away. I tried to call Jughead but to no use as he didn't answer. I decided just to text him and remind him about picking me up later tonight.

As I did I saw Veronica approach me "you gonna be able to dance with that cast?"

I looked at my arm and assured her "I'll be fine."

She nodded and I asked "is Archie gonna be your date?"

She nodded with a smile "yup he's picking up his suit from my seamstress."

I nodded softly and she asked "and you and the serpent boy?"

I corrected her "his names Jughead, and why do you care?"

I walked away and she followed me "well because it's the only polite theming to do since you asked about Archie."

I sighed and told her "well, he's just busy right now."

She gave me a nod and I held my phone putting it back in my pocket saying "well Kevin and I are finished."

She nodded "I saw, thanks again. Cheryl and the other girls don't usually like to...work."

I laughed and nodded "it's not a problem."

She smiled at me and I smiled back as I left.

While I was getting ready at home Charles was working hard on the job as my mom helped me get ready. I finished with my hair and after my mom helped with my dress. I got it over my cast and on as my mom zipped me up and looked up at me. It was a pretty pink dress that flowed nice with ease. It had small flower details and I enjoy the way it looked.

"God you are growing up..." my mom smiled and kissed my forehead as I smiled "don't worry mom. I'll always be your little girl."

She smirked and nodded as she helped me get the rest of my stuff on.