30

Bettys POV
I finished getting ready and my mom and dad both looked at me and I smiled in relief as my dad kissed my forehead.

"Oh my little Princess. Please live with us as long as you'd like."

I gave him a soft laugh as I looked outside "is Jughead here yet?"

He shook his head and I sighed. I went over to the door and opened it as I saw a truck approaching and I sighed in relief as I saw Jughead come out and he saw me. He looked kinda messy and stressed but smiled as he saw me.

He walked over and approached me and I sighed "I know that the cast doesn't go with the look but...I tried my best."

I smiled and he held my face and told me "you...are amazing."

I smiled and gulped as he pecked my lips and smirked "shall we?"

I nodded and my mom said "wait! It's my baby's first dance I need pictures!"

I sighed and she made us pose and stand and she began taking photos of us both.

I laughed and told her "alright mom if you take anymore we're gonna miss the dance."

She sighed and told me "have fun."

I nodded and grabbed Jugheads hand and we began leaving.

When we got to the dance I held his arm and told him "uhh...before we go inside I just...I hope tonight is a great night."

He nodded softly and said "yeah, me too."

I gulped and nodded taking him further in.

As we looked around he complimented "well, you guys did great."

I nodded and said "thank you Juggie, can't take all the credit..."

We spotted Kevin and Joaquin dancing and I smiled "he likes him so much..."

Jughead nodded his head "yeah...yeah I know."

I turned to him and asked him "come on, let's dance until we die."

He chuckled and I pulled him over.

After a while we watched Archie and Veronica both go up to sing.

We watched and I held Jugheads hand saying to him "I'm glad we're here...together."

He nodded and spun me around as I gulped and said to him "I'm also..."

He looked at me and I sighed in relief "I'm ready..."

He was confused and suddenly it hit him "oh- you mean..."

I nodded at his words and he looked around and as he began to frown and told me "can we talk somewhere, in private perhaps?"

I was confused and nodded as he took my hand and we went out into the hallway.

You could still hear Veronica and Archie muffled singing as I looked at Jughead "what's wrong?"

I asked him and he gulped while looking nervously around and then back to me.

"You okay? Did I put to much pressure on the sec part? We don't have to do it tonight!"

I assured him feeling embarrassed I mentioned it and perhaps should've just let it happen on its own but he shook his head.

"I have...I have to break up with you."

That took me by shock as I asked him "what? Why?"

He frowned and said "I just...I don't know. I just...I can't be in a relationship with someone like you."

I felt my throat close at those words as I muttered "like me? What..."

I frowned and looked down to my feet and said again with a choked up sobs "like me?"

He tried to say "it's not anything about you-in that sense nothing like that!"

I shouted "you could've just told me you found me crazy!"

He shouted "I don't that's what, I used the wrong words!"

I shouted back "oh you used the right ones."

I shoved him back as he stumbled a bit and I said "why? Is it because of the scars on my body? Is it because I take medication? Is it because of what- what is it!?"

He frowned and just said "I'm sorry...I have to go."

I scoffed and watched him leave the school doors as I cried and panted as I walked inside the gym but seeing the big flashing lights all around me. I saw Kevin and Joaquin dancing together and I frowned shutting my eyes as I left the gym again.

I went to the bathroom and I looked at the mirrors as I cried gripping the sink. I went into my purse and saw my pill bottle as I looked at it and I shook my head as I carefully opened it and grabbed one. I threw the bottle to the side as I tried to calm myself down to only take one pill.

I sat on the ground in my dress as I swallowed the pill and held my legs to my chest. I cried and held myself as I heard the bathroom door open and saw Veronica.

She saw me and saw the pill bottle and looked at it, she quickly opened it and saw them all in there as she sat the bottle down and kneeled down to me "hey...are you okay?"

I cried out "Jughead broke up with me..."

She sighed and I whispered as she said "you didn't try and..."

I shook my head and said "no...I just take one and I calm down a bit after...but right now I can't..."

She frowned and helped me up "come on..."

I sniffled and nodded as she took me out of the bathroom.

We walked outside together as I saw a limo driver approach us "Ms Lodge?"

He questioned as Veronica said "this is my new friend Betty, we need to get her out of here."

I sighed and the man nodded "of course Ms Lodge and Ms Betty."

He opened the door and I went ahead inside the limo and she came in as well "what about Archie?"

She said "don't worry, he had to leave and help his dad with something."

I nodded and she smiled "I know the perfect plan, I've cream sundaes, chocolate and vanilla milkshakes from pops. Maybe a little extra something in some of those things. Girl Boss movies and more."

I frowned and asked her "why are you being nice to me?"

She smiled and told me "truth me told I had my heart broken once, but he was also ass so I was okay with it."

I smiled and she said "it's gonna get better, no girl deserves to be dumped on homecoming."

I smiled and she smiled back as I frowned "he told he loved me...and then all of a sudden he breaks up with me..."

She nodded and said "don't worry, Smithers take us to Pops so we can order all of the sorts of food we can."

The old man chuckled out "of course Ms Lodge."

She smirked and we left.