36

Bettys POV
A few months had past and my cast has been removed but it's still in a bit of pain, thankfully though I have been able to move it around without much pain.

I also had been growing...my mental health has actually been in a good state, most of my self harm marks are slowly fading away but are still there, I just have to push through the pain that I once had when I did all of it.

Now with it being February I was at my locker in school as Veronica approached me "okay, so for next year Cheryl and I were thinking that you should join the cheer team."

I smiled and told her "thanks, but I just enjoy the newspaper I can't be doing much."

She nodded and said "of course. But I do want to invite you to an event."

I was confused and she handed me a small card and told me "I am holding my seventeenth birthday, bring a plus one if you want. Dress attire but don't wear purple, it's my color. Don't wear so much white either."

I nodded and she smiled and I smiled back saying "I bring a gift right?"

She shrugged "I have a lot already it's fine if you don't."

She kissed my cheek and walked away as Kevin ran into her and she had given him an invite and walked away.

He looked at me and began to squeal and I laughed "you know, being your friend gives me credit with Veronica Lodge now."

I rolled my eyes as he smirked.

"I'm gonna invite Joaquin! Make it official. He's so cute! And nice, a proper introduction between you two!"

He smiled and told me "I gotta think about what I'm gonna wear."

I smiled and he smiled back and left as I sighed and shut my locker.

As the school day went by I spotted Jughead and walked over to him and smiled as I stood in front of him.

"Hey..."

He smiled at me "hey..."

I gulped and held Veronica's invitation "Veronica is having her extravagant seventeenth birthday. Do you...maybe wanna...be my plus one? Kevin got an invite. So I would've invited him."

He smiled at me and thought about it asking "when is it?"

I mentioned "this weekend, so tomorrow."

He sighed and I gulped thinking as he smiled "I'll be there."

I nodded and told him "I'll meet you at the address, I'll send it over."

He smiled and I smiled back as he walked off with his friends.

When I got home I saw my mom and dad speaking as I walked over "Veronica invited me to her birthday party. I was hoping you'd let me go?"

My mom nodded "of course, just be home as soon as you can."

I nodded as I wondered "where's Charles?"

She smiled at those words and said "oh he's at his job but don't worry he'll be getting home shortly."

I nodded and said "I'm gonna go figure out an outfit for tomorrow."

She nodded and I went back to my room.

Jugheads POV
I got home and saw my parents as I said "I'll be out tomorrow night. I'm going to a party."

My mom sighed "and where is it?"

I shrugged at her words "why does it matter?"

She told me "because you have spent over a month without the blonde girl-"

"Betty. Her name is Betty."

She huffed at my words and I cleared my throat "in fact, Betty invited me as her plus one to a party. I will be attending so I don't want to hear it because it's my choice, it's better than being here stuck with you two."

She sighed and I said "if you need me I'll be somewhere else."

I set my back down on the couch and took the keys to my bike and left once again.

When I got to the Wyrm I drank from a bottle as Toni smiled "seems like you and Betty are friendly again...I miss seeing you smile all happily."

I nodded and said "yeah..."

She sighed and smirked "you're gonna be dressed up nicely tomorrow for the Lodges party. Maybe win her back?"

I sighed and shrugged "my mom and dad won't like her."

Toni scoffed out "yeah they won't but what's more important? An approval or your happiness? She's the exact opposite of Donna and she loves you. I think the break has gone far long enough. Take a chance and get her back."

I turned to Toni as she smiled and I frowned and asked "and what if Penny makes good on her threats?"

Toni grabbed the bottle from my and telling me "we will think about that later. For right now we're gonna get you a suit from a fancy small mall here on the Southside and make sure you do everything right tomorrow."

Curiosity I asked "why do you care?"

She frowned at me and thought for a second.

"When you and Donna finally ended it, I knew you were relieved but you still felt insecure about everything, what did you do wrong? What more could you do? Then I saw you smile again when you met a certain blondie. Not in a bad way. Growing up together I think...after all you have had to go through, someone can try to have a better life outside of this."

I smiled at her as she smiled back and we heard "alright, alright. Are we gonna put plan Bughead into action?"

I turned to Fangs confused and he explained "it's your ship name."

I scoffed and rolled my eyes as I got up and we left.