33

Bettys POV
Chic put the stuff in the oven and smiled "should let them heat up and soon we will decorate the muffins and eat some fresh cookies. I'm gonna use the bathroom."

I nodded and Kevin sighed "if your brother didn't date him, and I wasn't dating Joaquin...I would've so snatched that nice piece of-"

I covered his mouth and he huffed against my hand. We both laughed as suddenly the lights went out.

I looked at Kevin and panicked slightly "uhh...what just happened?"

He was confused "is it raining outside?"

I shook my head as Chic ran down the stairs "hey you two okay?"

We nodded and Chic said "I'll go check outside. You two stay in here and go to Betty's room."

We nodded and he left as both Kevin and I went into my room, I carefully locked my door and held my broke arm to my chest looking at Kevin.

"What do you think is going on?"

I shrugged at his words "I don't know..."

He sighed and I looked at the window and saw the guy who tried to assault me months back. I screamed backing away from the window.

I pointed as Kevin shouted "what's wrong!?"

He looked out as he held me back and we heard something downstairs and cluttering. I panicked and Kevin held me back and grabbed my lamp as the door opened.

We saw Chic as he shouted lifting up his hands "it's just me! Someone messed with the electric box outside, I'm not sure. I called Charles so don't worry."

He pulled out a gun and held it saying "it's gonna be okay."

I nodded and he said "I heard screaming what happened?"

I pointed outside "someone was outside, I saw him..."

He looked out the window and sighed out "it's okay, don't worry. I already called Charles he should be here any minute."

I nodded softly and I held Kevin's arm and he rubbed my back.

When Charles came home he told us "mom and dad will be back soon. What happened Betty?"

I sighed out "I just...I saw a guy with curly hair outside the window staring inside the window as if...he knew where to look?"

He groaned and said "okay...okay."

By now the light came back on and so I just sat there with Kevin holding me "I didn't know what to do I'm sorry."

He shook his head "it's okay, don't worry. Good thing Chic was here and maybe something could've been different."

He told me "it's gonna be okay we're just gonna need you to be careful. I feel something might be going on. Something deeper."

I sniffled and he told me "Kevin. I try ink you should go home. I don't want you to be involved in this. It's no one's fault. But in case of anything I feel safer you being home then here right now."

Kevin nodded and I frowned as Kevin went to pack his things. The next morning I was eating breakfast with my parents and Chic.

I played with my food and Chic asked me "you okay?"

I shook my head as I began to remember the way his face moved? His smirk. My body began to feel uncomfortable and I frowned.

He rubbed my back as I ate my cereal and we heard the doorbell.

Chic went over as my mom tried to comfort me and I heard "Betty...there's someone here to see you."

I was confused and got up and looked over and saw Jughead.

I gulped and walked over and asked him "what do you want Jughead?"

He told me "can we talk in private? Please?"

I sighed and looked at Chic and said "sure, come in..."

He nodded and I let him inside and took him to my room. I shut the door and he grabbed my face and kissed me.

In shock I stayed put and pushed slightly away and he frowned "I was an idiot...I'm an idiot..."

He pulled away from me and held his head and sat on my bed.

"My mom and dad told me to break up with you...and I agreed. And now I'm scared, I don't know...what to do. I don't want you to get hurt."

I frowned and said "it may be too late for that..."

He looked at me and I explained to him.

"Last night I...someone...the guy who hurt me was here. He was outside and staring into my home...the power was cut and everyone was terrified. I saw the man that assaulted me."

He looked at me and I cried out "I didn't know what to do...and now my parents and my brother think someone is after me and I'm so scared Jughead..."

He sighed and bit his lip and he stood up and held my face and sighed and kissed my forehead.

"I'm sorry for what I did."

I looked at him and he said "but...I can't be with you. Not yet at least..."

I frowned and said "oh..."

He gulped and kissed my forehead and I said "Juggie..."

He looked at me and I smiled at him and told him "I don't know why but...I just...I hope your happy at least? I don't want bad blood between us."

He nodded and I nodded backat him as well and he said "I should go..."

I said "yeah..."

I led him out and downstairs and watched him leave and I closed the door.

Chic saw me and asked "you okay?"

I nodded at his words and sighed in relief "I feel better a bit."

He smiled at me and hugged me and I held him and thought to myself.