44

Jugheads POV
"She's awake. You may see her now."

The nurse said as the man looked at me and told me "you can go first."

I gulped and nodded and taking the things my friends had and walking inside towards her room. I saw her laying there. She was on her side facing the other wall and curled into a ball.

I sighed and held the box of stuff and walked up to her and gulped "B-Betty?"

She turned her head and saw me and frowned "it's you..."

I nodded as she stared at me and I asked her "are you okay?"

She sniffled and told me "didn't work the first time, thought it would be easy the next."

I told her "don't say stuff like that. You don't mean that."

She sighed out "then I guess you just don't know me huh?"

I frowned and mentioned "but I did? At least before whatever happened exactly?"

She frowned and I showed her a photo.

"That's us..."

She frowned and told me "you should leave before your parents get here."

I told her "I want an explanation."

She looked at me as I admitted "i can't remember the damn last few months of my life and even I'm trying to remember them. But I can't. My parents won't help, my friends won't. Please...help me?"

She gulped and I said "the last few months have been erased from my mind, my dad is home with me. My mom is stricter I just...I don't know what to think."

She gulped said "we were in love..."

I looked at her and she sat up looking at me explaining "I came to Riverdale...for a fresh start. Away from everything. Away from my past. And with that I met you...my first night I got here we met at Pops. My brother being overprotective told you to shove it but...you were sweet, offering me a milkshake...I kinda...thought it was cute."

I smiled at those words as she said "I'm sorry."

I looked at her and asked "for what?"

She sniffled and she said "I tried to kill myself... not because of you, but because of what everyone is telling me...and I'll never get a chance with you and I guess they were right, I mean right after we get back together we get into a motorcycle accident and you lose all your memory..."

She cried and I gulped looking down at the box.

"I'm sorry I kissed you...I just thought... everything was gonna be okay."

I sighed and told her "we have this summer..."

She looked at me confused as I tried to explain, "tell me everything recreate every single memory..."

She gulped and I said "help me remember..."

Her eyes met mine as she quickly looked away and cried out "you were...everything to me..."

Sven though I couldn't remember it stung my heart. She was in so much pain...because I couldn't remember. Because my parents didn't let her near me.

She laid back in her bed as she looked at the ceiling and said "I can't...if I do your parents...I just can't."

I looked at her as she cried and held her face with both her hands as she covered her face.

I got closer and sat on the bed as I said "then we won't tell my parents. We will recreate everything. From the day we first met...to the accident. Please help me remember. Help me remember you."

She turned to me and sat up "but...but what if you can't remember?"

I sighed and looked at my lap and she told me "I have gone through hell and back for so long. And you were the one thing that helped me realize I had so much worth...and I know that sounds dramatic but you showed me...a different type of happiness. One I never thought I could have. What it meant to feel alive...and now that's all gone. Because you don't even remember showing me any of it..."

I sighed and she told me "I need to be alone please? I can't right now...please."

I respected her wishes and nodded as I got up and told her "I hope you get better."

She nodded and I turned around and began heading out as I stepped out of the room and saw my friends and told them

"I don't know...what else to do."

Bettys POV
I laid there as I looked at my wrists and frowned as I cried. Why didn't it work? Why did it work this time? Why did I have to cling on to whatever was left? Why? I heard the door open and I saw Charles and my parents rush in with a doctor.

My mom cried and held me and held my head as she sobbed and I just sat there and don't move.

"Why didn't you say anything Elizabeth? Why didn't you tell me you were thinking this way again?"

I frowned and admitted "I just...can't do it anymore mom. No therapist, no pills, nothing can fix me..."

She cried out "that's is not true and you don't have to be fixed!"

I sighed and the doctor was speaking with my dad and Charles as I told my mom "can we just go home?"

She told me "no! We're going to get you help, something that can help you understand these emotions!"

I sniffled and told her "mom...I have gone through so much these past few months. I just...want to sleep, I want to rest, I want to close my eyes..."

She told me "stop speaking that way! Stop it!"

I sighed as my dad pulled her back and Charles held my hands "hey...talk to me."

I looked at him and he smiled caressing the top of my hands and said "you're gonna be okay, we will get a therapist and we're gonna make sure that you feel okay, that you feel better."

I sighed and told him "you said that a year ago Charles...what's the excuse now?"

He sighed and told me "I'm always gonna make sure you're safe and protected."

I told him "you should just go back to New York, marry Chic...I'll be fine."

He told me "no, no, stop saying that, I'm gonna stay right here, we're gonna do anything that you want okay?"

I looked at him and shrugged as I told him "I just want to sleep..."

He sighed and I laid back in my bed as I shut my eyes and cured into a ball.