31

Jugheads POV
I got into my truck and slammed both the doors and the wheels. I held my head as I started the car and left the school. I got home and I went inside and saw my mom as she smiled at me.

"Guess what Jughead!"

I looked at her as she said "your father! He's getting out! Detective Cooper had just told me that he was able to prove your fathers innocence! He's getting out by the end of this week!"

I looked at her as she frowned "you don't seem that happy. What's wrong? Did something happen?"

I told her "I broke up with Betty just like you and dad wanted."

She looked at me and I said "and you know...I thought for once I'd finally found something, with someone! I was able to move on from the past! Have someone who sees me as me and doesn't care about any of that! I can handle it! But of course I know you and dad would find a way to ruin it for me anyways like you always have!"

She shouted at me "we do it for your safety! All of our lives we have!"

I shouted at her "now look where that gets us too!"

I told her "I don't care anymore...go ahead, now you and dad can frolic in joy."

She told me "we don't want you to be upset! We want you to be happy! But that girl will only bring harm! And you will make choices that will hurt you!"

I shouted "that's not up to you! It's my choice!" She sighed and I went to the back of the trailer.

Bettys POV
The next morning Veronica dropped me off back at my house.

My parents held me as Veronica asked me "are you gonna be okay?"

I nodded and she smiled and hugged me "please just be safe okay?"

I said to her "thanks for taking care of me. And thanks for letting me stay over."

She nodded and said "my mom knows what a broken heart feels like, she had to do that all the time until she met my dad."

I smiled and pulled away as she waved goodbye. I sat in my living room as I apologized.

"I'm sorry mom and dad.... I just...I didn't want to see anyone really, I was so embarrassed."

My mom sat beside me and kissed my forehead and I cried "Jughead broke up with me...and I didn't know what to do."

She told me "hey..."

I looked at her and she smiled "go upstairs, take a shower, I'll be up with some food, tea. Don't worry okay? Just get some rest okay?"

I nodded and my dad told me "don't worry your mom and I will make sure you're going to be okay."

I nodded softly and went ahead upstairs. After a shower I laid in my bed, under the covers as my mom came inside setting down some waffles and tea.

She sat in my bed asking "you doing okay?"

I shook my head. "I thought Jughead understood me...he called me crazy..."

My mom frowned and I cried holding my cat plush as she said "I know heartbreak is painful. But believe me sweetheart...I know your father and I fell in love in High School but believe me it wasn't an easy story and you know only half of it."

I frowned and she said "you may go through so many men and boys till you find your true love. It doesn't have to stop here."

I sniffled and said "oh please mom, Jughead was right, I'm crazy..."

She scoffed out "you are not crazy, you went through trauma, so much that a girl your age shouldn't have to go through."

I gulped and she held my face and kissed my forehead.

"Don't believe anything they say, you are perfect."

I smiled and she smiled back as I said "thanks mom..."

She nodded and I sighed leaning back in my bed. That night I was in bed, Kevin was texting to make sure I was okay and so we could have a sleepover this weekend.

Charles informed me about Mr Jones being released this weekend as well. I was happy about that, Jughead will have his family again, but Charles still needs to figure out who is the real killer still unfortunately before any more lives are taken.

That night I was eating dinner with my parents as suddenly Charles came in.

He walked in and smiled "hey everyone. Sorry I'm late, I had to pick up a last minute guest."

My parents smirked at one another and I was confused and saw Chic as he set his bag down and I smiled walking over and soon it turned to a run and I hugged Chic as he held me.

"Someone told me that you got broken up with and I knew I had to come, your basically my little sister."

I laughed and nodded saying "I have to show you everywhere if you're here!"

He smiled and told me "thankfully my sister has everything covered for me back in New York so I'm staying the weekend."

I smiled and he smiled back as I said "mom can I take Chic to Pops!"

She scoffed and said "and I made dinner right here!"

I sighed and she huffed out "fine go!"

I smiled and grabbed Chics hand and pulled him out.