47

Bettys POV
Jughead and I were at Pops as we ate and I told him "well I helped your dad get out of jail, my brother Charles he's part of the FBI. So he helped out with the case."

Jughead nodded and said "okay...that's nice of you. Thanks. Yeah I was wondering how my dad was able to come home." I smiled and said "you saved me from getting forced to drink at a party."

He rose his eyebrows and I nodded "but you were sweet, at first my parents were iffy about us, just cause of you being a serpent and my past with dating they just were nervous. But you proved them wrong and I was happy about it."

He smirked to himself and I thought for a second and told him "hey..."

He looked up and I smiled moving his milkshake closer to him and got up saying "come with me, I think there's a spot I can show you."

He looked at me confused and I took his hand and we left.

We got to the cliffs of Riverdale and he looked out and I told him "on our first date you took me here, told me you only came here if you were nervous."

He looked out and I bit my bottom lip. "Anything?" I asked as he frowned and shook his head and I smiled telling him "I asked why didn't you...question the pill bottle I had, I told you about my depression. My anxiety. Why I had the medication in the first place..."

I pulled up my sleeves and showed him my scars saying "I didn't show you yet but...I told you the first way I tried to...hurt myself...and you told me it was gonna be okay. Because I wouldn't have a reason to do it again as long as I had you."

He looked at me and muttered "and then you didn't and you did."

I nodded at his words "I know that..."

He approached me and told me "but that is not your fault...that shouldn't have happened. You're not in control you're okay."

I sniffled and he held my face and I felt the warmth of his hand.

"You know...I am nervous. Nervous I won't get back...six amazing months with a girl I loved."

I smiled and he smiled back as he held my face and kissed me. I held his wrists and shut my eyes as I felt two tears leave my left eye and he pulled away and leaned his forehead on mine.

"Sorry..." I shook my head "it's all good..."

He chuckled and I smiled as I suddenly felt the ground beneath me begin to give in and I looked down and panicked shouting "Jughead!"

He looked at me and I pushed him away as I felt my legs buckle and part of the cliff broke and I grabbed onto the edge and panicked as Jughead ran over and grabbed my hand.

"Are you crazy why didn't you push both of us!"

I laughed out "natural reaction to not wanting you to die!?"

I winced as I felt my knees scrape on the sides and I looked down and felt woozy watching that small part of the cliff slam down into the trees below.

"I'm gonna have a panic attack."

He said "just look up!"

I looked at him as he groaned and grabbed onto my hand and wrist tightly. I managed to find my footing as he pulled me up and I forced myself up onto the ground again as we panted and looked at each other and he began laughing and I looked at him.

"Sorry for my laughter but...I find it funny I chose this spot for nervousness."

I rolled my eyes as he smiled but with that he groaned in pain holding his head "Jughead?"

I panicked and he winded running his hands into his hair as he flinched at my touch and I backed away as he suddenly stopped and panted looking my way and told me "Donna...my ex Donna...she hurt you?"

I remembered that day and began to nod "the Halloween party...yeah. But you...you protected me."

He then said "you...we're Juliet. The book."

I looked at him as he said "the books I've been reading..."

I laughed out "yeah, for Christmas..."

He sat upright telling me "I don't remember much else but...but it's coming back!"

I laughed and he smiled as I got a call on my phone and said "let me take this, start up the bike?"

He nodded and went over as I held the phone to my ear "hello?"

Suddenly I heard "why I thought I told you to not be near Jughead...your brother looks like a fine target, maybe I should get him into a accident next and make him forget about his boyfriend."

I looked at Jughead and the line went dead and I looked down at my phone as he asked "you okay?"

I gulped and put down my phone and nodded "yeah...yeah. Let's go."

He nodded and we got on his bike and left.