35

Bettys POV
Christmas Day I woke up and went downstairs. My parents hadn't woken up yet but I saw Chic and Charles making out on the kitchen counter and scoffed "okay we get it, gross!"

I heard them chuckle and I turned away and saw the tree and saw Jugheads gift there that I had left the day or so before. I frowned looking at the box and knelt down holding it as I gulped and began opening it and saw a small box and lifted up the lid of it seeing a necklace inside and took it out and smiled at the jewelry.

I giggled softly and heard "that's beautiful, who gave that to you?"

I smiled and told him "Jughead..."

I turned my head seeing Charles as he smiled and I smiled back saying "I...I love it..."

I sniffled and cried as Charles rubbed my back and I laughed and said "I told him I wanted to take some time to myself...how do I know when I want that to stop? Or...how do I tell the difference between what my heart wants or what my mind wants?"

A tear left my eyes as he wiped it away and told me "when Chic and I took a break, I was a mess. But we took time to figure it all out. I promise you that when the time is right and ready you will feel it, and if it never comes...then it's fine to move on."

I smiled and he smiled back as I cried and he frowned kissing my head and I held his arm as he smirked "you also don't need to find your epic love so quick...I mean...I get mom and dad and I guess I am somewhat of a example of simple love but...it never meant it came easy."

I smiled and nodded as he looked over "Chic is making gingerbread men. Why don't you go and help him as I go ahead to wake up mom and dad for gifts?"

I nodded and he went ahead upstairs and I walked to the kitchen.

Jugheads POV
I saw my parents waiting for me to get up, I saw food prepared and gifts with our small tree.

I smiled and spotted Bettys gift and frowned picking it up as my mom noticed as she sighed and I sat down "I wonder what it is..."

She smiled and rubbed my back as I opened up the wrapping paper and lifted up the lid. As I finally removed all of it I suddenly saw a few books. Curiously I looked at them and saw a note acting like a bookmark in one of them.

It read,

'I wanted to share more of my life with you. Here are some of my favorite books with bookmarked chapters and some of my thoughts...I hope you enjoy a nice break.'

I smiled gently and looked at my mom as she frowned and I sighed "mom...I know you and dad told me...it's dangerous. But even then...I feel like I'm...pointless."

She sighed and kissed my head. "Maybe...if Penny ever gets what should get to her. Maybe it can happen but what's more important dating a girl or keeping her protected?"

I frowned and shook my head taking the books and walked over to the back room.

Later that day I met up with Toni, Sweet Pea and Fangs and said "have you found anything?"

Toni said "Fangs and I did hear something interesting...apparently a serpent was seen selling drugs and or transporting drugs, multiple sources had said this but couldn't give a good identity match."

I nodded softly and muttered "we don't even know if it's one or more..."

I groaned and held my arms and Sweet Pea said "we should ask for more. Like...ask around more rural areas. We're going to extremely popular areas the Ghoulies deal but if we're really gonna be seeing if it's more than one serpent we need to start looking at the more private places, when it's dark and it appears no one is watching but it's the opposite."

Toni nodded "not a bad idea. We can get some of the places that tend to have slight activity and we will go from there."

I nodded and told them "Penny is gonna go down and I'm gonna make sure she doesn't try anything at all to hurt Betty."

Toni nodded and walked away with Sweet Pea and Fangs as I sighed and tried to calm myself down as I ran my hands through my hair.