6

Bettys POV
I was at school as Kevin gasped "you had a date with the Jughead Jones!? How was it!?"

I laughed and told him "it was...great. We first went to Pops and after we finished he took me to this cliff where you saw all of Riverdale...we also shared a kiss."

He scoffed and told me "this is huge! You'll basically be like Archie Andrews and Veronica Lodge! A power couple of the school!"

I was confused as he tried to explain "here on the Northside, Veronica and Archie are the it couple so maybe you being the new girl and Jughead being the bad guy from the wrong side of the tracks who has now the new it boy of the school, you guys will also make history."

I laughed and said "calm down Kevin. It's not like we're getting married."

He rolled his eyes as I smirked.

"He's very nice...but my mom and dad still feel weird. They don't...really...trust many people."

He nodded softly as I thought "what do you think I should do?"

He smirked and told me "invite him over, let them get to know one another."

I frowned explaining to him "it won't be that simple..."

His curious expression stung me as I sat down and began with, "it's a lot to explain..."

He smiled and told me "it's after school, were waiting for the printer to finish the Blue and Gold copies, we've got time."

He sat down as I nodded and began to explain "at my last school...I was bullied a lot. I took it hard and my parents...they took it hard. They didn't like that I was failing my classes and I mean they don't say this, but I acted as if I wasn't their daughter anymore."

Kevin nodded as he looked at me and I shrugged "we moved here and over the summer I've become this great girl they love so much once again. They're scared and happy for me. But my parents are difficult, especially my brother."

He sighed and thought for a second as I said "I'm just nervous..."

He came to his thoughts and looked at me as he explained "that's reasonable, your parents though I feel like would be happy for you even if they're strict."

I let out a sigh as he gave me a warm smile.

I said to him "it's just...I've done things in my past that I don't think Jughead would like. People said I was crazy and...I believed all of it."

Kevin laughed at my response asking "you don't think Jughead, soon to be King of a whole gang hasn't done crazy or messed up things as you?"

I gulped and shrugged "oh Betty..." he breathed out while rubbing his face.

I asked "hey what's that supposed to mean?"

He laughed and I smiled at him. "I need to invite you to my house one day, let my parents get to know my friends."

He nodded and said "sleepover! I love sleepovers! Im usually the one in my house alone having one but having someone else will be so much more fun!"

I laughed and he followed my lead.

Later that day I was at Pops as Jughead came in.

He smiled walking over and sliding into the booth "you texted me, you wanted to talk."

I nodded and looked out asking "do you wanna take a walk?"

He questioned me and I said "I think better when...I walk."

He thought about it for a second but shrugged getting up "shall we?"

I smiled and followed him.

As we walked in the fall weather blowing in our faces I told him "you know...being the new girl that makes me interesting at school."

He laughed and said "that's one way to put it."

I nodded and held my hands playing with my fingers "umm...how's it like being in a gang?"

He looked down at me as I looked up at him and he shrugged "well, like I've said before but I guess I could add...it's...great. Sure we have our enemies every now and then but we're a family."

I smiled and asked him "who are your best friends?"

He nodded and explained "well we've got Toni, she was the whole reason I became a Serpent. I wanted to do something else..."

I stopped myself and looked at him as he asked me "is there something wrong with that?"

I laughed out "not at all I just never would've thought..."

He nodded carefully explaining "my dad...well...I don't talk about him a lot. Cause he's in jail."

I looked at him as I stopped our walk as he turned to me "wh-why? If you don't...mind me asking?"

He gave me a frown and looked around and said "we have enemies in our Gang...the Ghoulies. They framed something on my dad. He's been in jail for a few months now."

I frowned and told him "Jughead I'm so sorry..."

He smiled and told me "it's fine...it's hard but I've gotten used to it."

I shook my head "no its okay if you're not fine...that's horrible..."

He sighed and I reached for his hand. He saw what I was doing and held mine smiling as he looked back at me.

"I've... never told anyone that, everyone in the serpents knows but...no one else."

I gulped and he explained "my dad...he's not a bad guy. Sure he has made mistakes, but he loves me, loves my mom...he's not the type of man to do something unless it meant his family was in trouble. My mom and I have been trying to get him out...but police here...it's crap."

I looked down and thought for a second as it hit me and I looked up "my brother. He's in the FBI!"

He roses his eyebrows and I said "should've not said that..."

He scoffed out "are you kidding?"

I shook my head "let me see if I can ask my brother if he can look into your dads case. If you're okay with that?"

He laughed out "if you can clear my dads name I'll be thanking you for the rest of my life!"

I smiled and he hugged me. I held my arms out and wrapped them around him as I heard whimpers from him.

I rubbed his back gently asking him "are you okay?"

He gulped and looked at me as he pulled away and sighed "my mom has been struggling with it, I had to step up...where we live. She has to be Serpent Queen and I'm the Prince who's being bred to be this King."

I sighed and said "you sound like an amazing son. Don't worry. I'll get to the bottom of it. I promise."

He smiled and looked at me and suddenly he lifted my chin and pressed his lips against mine, I smiled and held his waist tighter as he pulled away and kissed my forehead.

"Thank you..." he whispered and I smiled.