15

Jugheads POV
I walked out of the trailer as I looked around I walked farther away seeing Malachai standing before me and rolled my eyes.

"Really? Bullets through the trailers? It's always the same old tricks."

He laughed at me saying "and where's that delightful mother of yours? She would be upset seeing you here confronting me alone you poor kid."

I snickered at his comment as I shook my head "when will you and your Ghoulies just give it a rest."

He smiled "funny that's exactly what we did to your dad, have him rest..."

I lunged at him as he held up a bat to my chest.

"Don't think you'd be happy with this smashing through your head would you?"

I snapped at him "never come here again or else."

I began to turn as he laughed once again "your mother is a pathetic Queen. None of your Serpents will listen to the meek Prince. They want a King."

I tightened my fist and shrugged "I'm all they have and they will respect me, can't say the same for your gang."

As I made it back to the trailer I saw Betty sitting down as she instantly stood up and hugged me.

I held her and rubbed her back as she cried "I got so scared..."

I felt a pit in my stomach as I wrapped my arms around her and said "it's not safe out there...do you think your mom would be okay if you spent the night?"

She looked up at me and thought "I don't know...she's extremely strict with stuff like that."

I nodded and she told us "let me call her. Excuse me." 

She walked to the bathroom and shut the door and I groaned out "Malachai is back with his stupid shit...they know my mom is not acting like a Queen...so he's messing with me."

I rubbed my face as Toni said "have you told Betty any of this?"

I frowned shaking my head "she shouldn't have too, she has her own shit and I don't want to give her something else to worry about."

Toni tried to warn me "she's gonna find out sooner or later, and I think it would be better if an explanation came from your mouth."

I sighed and Betty came out "my mom said it's okay, just to take my meds and be home in the morning, she also thinks you drank and because it's super late she doesn't want to drive across town...and she trusts you..."

I smiled at the comment as she yawned and said "I need to eat and take my medication..."

I nodded softly saying "of course. I'll take you back to my trailer. Thank you again Toni."

She smiled snd nodded as I grabbed Betty and walked us quickly over to my trailer. I opened the door looking around seeing beer bottles around along with some cigarettes.

I sighed quickly cleaning up the place as I said "sorry, it's usually tidier."

She nodded looking around and held a small photo frame with me and my parents. "Aww...you were so cute as a child."

I smiled and shut the garbage can as I walked back over to her and said "you should get some food in you then some rest. I have some pizza I could warm up?"

She nodded but as I said that my mom opened the door and she saw us and questioned Betty asking "who is she?"

Betty smiled and responded "you must be Mrs Jones."

I gulped as my mom looked at her as Betty continued "I'm Betty. Jugheads girlfriend."

My mother laughed and gave a look to me "really Jughead?"

I gulped and said "Betty the bathroom is in the back, I'll give you a change of clothes."

She nodded to me and walked over to the back and I turned to my mom "why is there a girl in my home?"

I frowned and explained "she's just staying the night, I was gonna sleep on the pull out couch or even the sofa chair."

She sighed and I said "I'm sorry."

She groaned out "whatever. As long as you two don't do some shit."

I shook my head "no, we're not even in that type of relationship yet..."

She waved it off and laid on the couch falling asleep as I walked to the back. I grabbed some clothes and knocked on the bathroom door.

"Betty? I have fresh clothes..." she slightly opened the door and saw me.

She asked "do I need to leave?"

I shook my head holding her face "no, no, I just...me and my mom and are in a difficult relationship."

She sighed and gave me a small nod and I lifted up her chin and smiled at her "don't worry, take a shower alright?"

She nodded and I smiled as she went back in and shut the door.

After a few minutes she came out wearing my clothes and laughed "these are huge."

I chuckled softly as she walked over to me in the kitchen as she mentioned "is there anything to eat?"

I nodded softly as I handed her some left over pizza already warmed up.

We sat down and ate together as she looked behind me shoulder and said "what's up with you and your mom?"

I gave her a small frown and explained "we just are having issues, since my dad has been in prison she's been...dealing with it in not the best ways."

Betty frowned and looked at the plate and looked back at me "my brother was telling me it's gonna be difficult to find something to change. The deal on your dad is real tight, but possibly there's something that can change it."

I sighed and she held my hand and told me "I'm sorry...that you have to go through this."

I smiled and told her "it's fine Betty. Don't worry."

She nodded and I told her "well you'll be asleep in the back I'm...taking the chair."

She suddenly grabbed my hand and mentioned "I wouldn't mind if you...slept beside me."

I looked at her and she gulped and I told her "just get some rest alright?"

She nodded and walked to the back. As I cleaned up the place a little more and set a blanket down on my mom I heard rustling in the back.

"Betty?" I called out and walked to the back.

I saw her asleep on the bed as she moved back and forth in her sleep, she kicked slightly and I frowned as she began to whimper and whine.

I walked over and gulped slightly and set my jacket to the side as she whined and moved I sat on the bed shaking her lightly.

"Betty?"

She cried and shook her head as she muttered in her sleep "get away, please."

I felt hurt and looked around as I rubbed her shoulder as she cried.

I frowned watching her as I continued to say her name "Betty, Betty, Betty. Wake up."

She suddenly stopped and panted softly and I watched a tear fall from her eye as she stopped moving and all I could do, was watch her the entire night, I didn't sleep a wink. If she was going to do that again I would make sure I was awake. I felt a tear fall from my left eye as I sat there watching her trying to not let my eyes close shut.