22

Betty's POV
It was our first day out on the slopes and you can either ski, snowboard, skate. I personally loved to skate, my mom and dad loved to ski a lot and Charles as well with Chic his boyfriend.

Charles had to stay back and get some business done for work so Chic decided to tag along with me.

As I was in the rink and we skated along together he said to me "so how's the new school been?"

I smiled "amazing! I have a best friend and a boyfriend."

He laughed and said "wow, how is that going on?"

I told him "the best thing I've ever experienced, I have someone I run to for help whether it be my friend or boyfriend and they both care about me just as much."

He smiled and he almost fell as I grabbed his arm and he laughed "how's life back in New York?"

He sighed out "same old, same old, working bars, tending, Thankfully I'll get to be home with your family for the holidays."

I smiled and he did too. "So you sure you've been better? I remember when Charles told me you were moving and he was going to come along, I knew he had too for you."

I reached for his hand "I'm doing a lot better I promise okay?"

He nodded and said "I am gonna get some coffee, do you want anything?"

I thought and smiled "hot cocoa?"

He nodded and skated to the exit and left as I kept spinning and turning.

I took a photo of myself to send to Jughead and Kevin but as I paused to text the both of them I heard "well if my eyes don't deceive me."

I felt shivers run down my spine as I stopped and turned on my skates seeing...a boy I never thought I'd have to see again.

"B-B-Bret..."

He chuckled and skated closer to me making me lean against the edge of the rink "because of you I was expelled, I had to transfer to some stupid boarding school because of you."

I frowned and told him "you hurt me, you deserved it..."

He laughed and me and said "oh what? You try to kill yourself? That was all on you."

I told him "just leave me alone now."

I tried to skate around him but he grabbed my arm "let go of me right now."

He smiled and said "you little thing, think you're gonna get rid of me that easily? I already have your phone number, what else do I know is the real question."

I began panting heavier as I asked again "just let me go please."

But as I said that I heard "hey!"

I looked up seeing Chic as Bret loosened his grip and I skated quickly to Chics side as I got out of the rink and he helped me away.

As I got my skates off Chic sat beside me "who was that?"

I frowned and told him "some guy from my old school, I'm fine though."

He sighed and rubbed my back as I got on my boots and he asked me "do you want me to take us back to the house?"

I shook my head "no, he's not gonna ruin my day."

Chic smiled and I said "come on, let's go for a nice walk."

He nodded and we got up and made our way to another area of the mountains. I stood there waiting for Chic to get back from taking a call.

I held our gear as I heard "twice in one day? Must be lucky for you?"

Once again I froze and shut my eyes as I tried to control my breathing turning to the voice.

"Just leave me alone Bret, hasn't this gone on long enough?"

He smiled at me and shrugged "oh you don't even know the half of what I had to go through because of your accusations."

I told him "it's because of you that I became the laughing stock of school and I'm not gonna be afraid of you anymore."

He smirked "we'll see about that."

He shoved the equipment down the hill and I gasped as he was about to shove me down but I grabbed his arm and jacket tightly and I screamed as I lost my footing.

He shoved and kicked me away as I began tumbling down the mountain until I blacked out.

Chics POV
I finished my phone call about work and I looked around and didn't see Betty.

I was confused and looked around "Betty! Betty?!"

I shouted and saw a skid trail leading down the mountain as I saw Betty laying down there motionless.

I gasped and called out for her "Betty!"

As I did that I slid down the hill carefully seeing Betty unconscious around all of our equipment scattered about, I grabbed Betty and took of my jacket to get it on her instead.

"Betty! Betty wake up!"

I slapped her face as she shivered and looked at me and winced holding her arm.

"Ch-chic..."

I nodded softly as she cried and muttered "i...I can't feel my arm..."

I grew even more worried and pulled out my phone to call for help.