Café Hwang

March 20th, 2018

Hyunjin sighs, picking up the leftover cups of coffee the customers left, cleaning up their table.

"Table 12 wants their check."

The boy rolls his eyes, placing the coffee mugs down before grabbing the check for table 12 and walking over to them with a fake smile on his face. "Here is your check, I hope you enjoyed everything. How would you like to pay?"

The lady sitting at the booth with her husband looks the boy up and down, clearly judging him while her husband grabs the check.

"The food was ordinary." The lady states, her eyes not leaving Hyunjin's long hair.

Hyunjin just smiles, nodding as he waits for an answer.

The husband hands him the cash. "Some better security would be appreciated. My wife doesn't feel safe with people like them being around here." He nods over to the booth where three boys are sitting.

Hyunjin looks over, frowning when he notices who they are. "I can assure you that they won't do anything to endanger you or your wife, sir."

The man stands up from his seat, putting on his jacket. "Boys like that shouldn't hang out in these kind of establishments."

"This is merely a café sir, not a 5-star restaurant." Hyunjin tries his best not to let his smile flatter.

"You're letting them endanger our citizens." The woman stands up as well, her high-pitched voice making Hyunjin mentally cringe.

Hyunjin counts the money. "I'm just doing my job, ma'am. If you have any complaints, please leave them with our manager." He knows his mother isn't going to let anyone tell her how to run her business and definitely not a pair of snobby people that only visit once and didn't even tip. "Have a nice day."

The lady looks at him offended before leaving the café, her husband quickly following behind, bumping into a very cheery blonde.

"Hyunjin!"

The boy shakes his head as he looks over at his best friend. "Lix, what are you doing here?" He walks back to the waiters section, Felix following close behind.

The blonde boy pouts. "It's your birthday, hoped we could hang out."

Hyunjin sighs, putting the money in the cash register. "I'm done in like an hour." His eyes wander over to the three boys in the corner of the café. "Who has table 4?"

The girl behind the counter frowns. "No one yet, it's the table so most of us aren't allowed."

Hyunjin hums. "I'll take it, could you make table 8 their drinks?"

The girl nods her head, taking a look at the order.

Hyunjin turns to Felix. "Just go sit, I'll bring you usual in a bit."

Felix nods, walking over to an empty table, not wanting to be in the way of his friend's work.

"How may I help you?" Hyunjin fake smiles at the three boys in the booth.

The three boys look up, all of them smiling at Hyunjin.

"We would like to order some drinks."

Hyunjin nods, looking at the youngest-looking boy.

"A green tea, please."