Bothersome

"It is getting late, just give up!"

Aonung's patience had long ran out but everyone else had left and he just couldn't leave the forest girl alone or risk his father's anger.

This was a relatively safe area but they all knew danger could come unannounced.

"No, this needs to be done and now."

He sighed, not getting how she could be so stubborn, no one is forcing her too, even Neteyam who was the best of the whole group couldn't go fast yet, just swim on the surface and slow.

This girl tho was wanting to master it today.

"Be happy you can ride it." He said, looking towards the lights coming from the homes, the meal would start soon and he doesn't want to miss it because of her. 

"That's not enough."

"It is." He had his hand on the ilu's head, the gentle beast knowing to not move anywhere despite its rider asking it too. "This will not help you."

"I need to learn."

"And you will!" He was annoyed. "Eywa does things for a reason so for once just get off and listen to me!"

She hissed but pulled her braid out.

"Your cousin, the hunter, he is on the same level as you. This is not a race dammit."

"You wouldn't get it." Ney'lia hopped off into the waist deep water, hating he was correctly plus she was getting tied and her arms were sore from holding on.

She shook her arms out, feeling them heavy.

She needed to get good and fast, she needed to be the best. She was always to troublesome kid, she needed to be someone else.

"Where are you going?" Aonung called as she walked not towards the suspended homes but towards the forest.

"I have things to d--Hey!" He didn't await and answer and grabbed her, a tight grip on her upper arm.

"I don't care what things they are to be done but they can wait, you need to eat or you'll drop dead."

"I'll be fine."

"With no energy you will never succeed and I'll fail as a teacher. I will not fail even if it is you!" He shoved his face in hers.

Ney'lia hissed, backing away, not liking how close he was.

"Fine, just let me go." He instantly did as she marched ahead of him, wondering why he cared so much to do this.

Deciding it was a feeling of duty.

------------------------------------

At least Coffee was here, the nantang being something these reef people had ever seen so it amused her was wasn't bothered by Aonung anymore because of the little beast.

"This is so embarrassing." Lo'ak lamented, unlike the others, he hadn't even figured out how to remain on the beast's back for a few moments.

"You are a knuckle head, they are literally telling you what to do and keep not doing that." Karven had no sympathy for him tho.

It was like the evening meals from their old home even if people formed smaller groups instead of one big one, it was nice to feel familiarity, many of the kids felt it that way.

"Stop it, you weren't that good at first either." Kiri nudged her, most of the Sully kids sitting together. Tho Tey'lia and Inuk sat with the adults of their family and by extension near to the Metkayina leaders.

Ney'lia didn't really care for the banter, she really wanted to get this down, having gotten the comment 'I thought her daughter would get it easier' thrown at her again... Sometimes she hates resembling her mom.

She was mostly entertaining her friend by throwing him a stick that he brought back.

Bak nudged her and she looked at him, he lifted his brow, that too, why did she come out as this? One, two, three, four and five, a thumb and four fingers, what were called eyebrows of her face... She sometimes really hated this all.

She shrugged, not really giving him an answer, throwing the stick again.

A comfort to this all was how it annoyed Aonung to know he was her teacher and she could live with that.

And at least Lo'ak and Kiri shared in her strangeness, tho sadly the boy actually had less of a bite, silently fuming in his feelings while most knew not to bother her about her extra sky people parts, she hit back.

...

Should she hit Aonung? He did keep her from getting to Liliom and drag her. Maybe that would make her feel better.

But she chose against it, his parents are here and the whole clan.

Oh well... She'll have enough time another time.

This is all bothersome.