-Truth-

(I know there is already a song linked to this chapter but I feel like this one fits Ko quite well.)

"Are you sure you are alright?" Ney'ite almost ran after the avatar.

"Yes, I told you, I unlinked myself on purpose, I was needed by the sky people, they would have unlinked me themselves if I didn't." Ko said, not willing to tell her the truth that she just wanted to get away, now that she logged back on, having marched herself back to the hometree with the native not letting her out of her sight.

Worst about it? She wasn't mad about it but Inuk was hanging on her tail like he usually did so she couldn't really run off to escape his mother, not wanting to cause the kid to fall over.

"She is just worried, we've never seen you flip out like you did." Her second shadow, Kayava, said.

"I'm fine alright?" She looked over her shoulder. "Sully just hit a sore spot."

"Sore spot? As if, it was like he poked an open wound of a wild animal." Ney'ite said, bitter towards the other human.

Ko sighed, spinning as she sat on a root, grabbing the woodsprite off her shoulder and giving it to the child as he sat down in front of her, letting go of her tail in favor of the seed.

"He mentioned my biggest regret." She breathed out in a deep sigh. "I trusted him and in our first fight he throws it back my way...." She hugged her knees as the Na'vi sat down on either side on her. "I thought he'd understand, he also felt it... But I'd never bring it up."

"Do you want to talk about it?" Kayava asked, more casually then any of Na'vi would dare, grabbed Ko's braid to look at the color of it tho not touching the end and Ko being a human didn't really get that it was somewhat half taboo. "A lot happened." She dropped the hair after Ney'ite slapped her hands gently with a hiss.

Ko had noticed the whispers when she came back, not even because she ran away but much of them was about her hair and she hated them putting the name of Eywa and hers in the same sentence, she was not worthy of such recognition and status.

"I wanted to escape plus Mo'at would be happy if I bonded to the trees, she would always bring it up each time I talked with her, I never expected being told my soul is the first one Eywa made." She switched the subject from what Jake said too her hair, lifting the bangs that were pale blue and foam white. "A bit overwhelming."

"You are special but you are still Ko." Ko was only partially weirded out about how touchy Na'vi were and that was because it was Ney'ite that had her hand pressed over her heart, feeling her slightly cold palm on her skin. "Strong heart, this is your heart, one you built, your strength."

"Thanks." She said calmly, looking up at the cheerful cries.

She stood, hopping over the child to stands moments before the two young Na'vi brothers had ran up and pulled her in a group hug.

"We thought you left for good." Loh said.

"I could never leave you two without supervision, you'd die without me." She gently pushed them away before patting their shoulders.

Sadly for the happy reunion the voice of an unwanted person was heard.

"We came as soon as we got the news you were back! I am so sor--" Ko span on herself, landing a hard punch right in Jake's face.

"You have no right even showing your face to me." She said with a hiss in her words, ears firmly pinned back against her head as he stood up.

"I am rea--" But he was cut off by the two boys blocking his path to her, Neytiri put a hand in his chest and pulled him back.

He looked sadly at her before looking back at Ko who shook her head and walked away.

"Moron." He understood that word that one of the Na'vi woman that followed Ko hissed, a word that could be considered his name he thought, looking at the little child hurrying after them.

"Stay a'way." Takov, that boy that had learnt English for him said, following after, his brother hissing at him and running to catch up.

"Ko! Slow down!" She sighed, looking over her shoulder at the little group, waiting for them to catch up.

"You don't need to hate him because of me, he tries, he just fucked up." She said, tilting her head to the side.

"Anyone that makes our friend cry deserved it." Loh said and his brother nodded.

Ko sat down on the branch with a sigh as Inuk shyly held Seed back to her, she grabbed it with a smile and made it hover over her shoulder.

"Do you know why I use the name Ko instead of Anko which is my birth name?" She randomly asked, turning to the side of the branch and looking down to the ground floor of the hometree.

"No you never said, not even back then." Ney'ite's voice broke the sudden silence.

"It is because of my biggest regret."

"And what is it?... If you feel ready to talk that is."

Ko looked at them, seeing everyone of them had each sat or crouched down, hanging off her words, Inuk sitting really close to her and leaning his head against her arm. She sighed, spilling the beans.

(Just so you know Anko means nothing, nor does Ko, for this story, if they have meanings irl it will not be the case in this book.)

"Anko means lucky, blessed and all that good stuff but just Ko is the opposite, meaning unlucky, cursed, hated and all those things.... A name that fits me well.... My parents, scientists like Grace and my sister Hana, sent me off to be a warrior before being an adult as I was not born to be a scientist like my sister, I was not as intelligent as she was, but earth Olo'eyktan happily take on unneeded children to use as warriors because adult warrior were too few. Sister and I grew apart. One day she came to see me but I sent her away, the guards... Warrior too, went too far because I told them to use force if needed to get her to leave and I didn't know, knocking her down, causing blood to fill her skull. I denied seeing her before healer tried to help her and she died there. Before I came here, my parents told me to make sure I died on Pandora and never come back to earth... I don't deserve Anko so I am just Ko, I killed my sister because of my resentment.... I came here as a way to keep her dream alive... That's my biggest regret."

She sighed, not looking at them but feeling their eyes on her.

"I don't deserve that name and have not for a long time."