Marked

Sirius was leaning on one arm as he looked at the sleeping woman next to him. She was lying on her back, her chest bare, except for the necklace he got her for Christmas. It was a simple silver chain with her birthstone, a diamond pendant. It represents courage and eternal love, a perfect fit for Izzie. He was happy for James and Lily, but when he saw the proposal go down, he was jealous. He knew he wanted to marry Izzie, but he thought she would think it was too soon. He had stood in the jewellery shop for almost two hours debating what to do. He chose the necklace because he was afraid she would say no. But one day, he will ask her, one day she'll become his wife. 

The necklace rose and fell on her chest with each breath. His finger grazed the silver lining of the diamond before turning it around. On the back was a date engraved on it. That was a hard decision to make too. He was conflicted at the know what date to choose from. The day they met? The day he chose to really get to know her? The day he knew he was in love with her? The day they kissed? All of those days were important to both of them, to him. Eventually, he chose for the day she made him feel utter bliss, the day she told him she loved him, they day she came back to him. He placed the necklace back on her chest, his fingers lingering on her skin, her skin rough where the scars were.

"You're being creepy again." She murmured suddenly, her eyes were still closed but a soft smile was on her lips. She had caught him more than once as he just stared at her while she was sleeping. It was like she always felt it when he did that.

"I can't help it." He said and leaned down to capture her lips with his. "You're beautiful."

"You're such a sap."

"I'm your sap." His lips curled up as she opened her eyes with a playful glare. "I just – I just feel so lucky to have you, that you still want to be with me."

Izzie lifted her hand and curled her fingers in his hair. "I will never not want to be with you, Sirius." Her other hand trailed over his tattoo's. She was always so intrigued by his tattoo's. "I love you."

Before he could say it back, she flipped them over and she was straddling him. Seeing her on top of him, still makes his head dizzy, like it was the first time it happened. Two years ago, he never knew this love was possible, that he would ever feel this way for anyone. He never knew love was like this. But maybe it wasn't. Maybe it's different for everyone, but this – this was a feeling he never wants to lose, and he will never let go of it again.

"Happy Valentine, love." She whispered as she started to leave kisses on his chest, making her way down. It wasn't long before Sirius returned the favour, and oh, how he loved the sounds she made.

"Aren't you supposed to plan your wedding with your future husband? And not my girlfriend." Sirius grumbled, his arms over his chest as he scowled.

"Don't be a baby, Black." Lily tutted. "James is on assignment and Izzie is my maid of honour, so she volunteered to take his place. You can come if you want. We'll picking out the flowers." Sirius looked horrified which made Lily laugh. "That's what I thought. You'll get her back at the end of the day." She winked. She looked over her shoulder, but Izzie was busy tugging on her boots. She leaned closer to Sirius who was sitting on the barstool at the kitchen counter. "Her birthday is coming up. Maybe you should think about making an honest woman out of her."

Sirius looked at his girlfriend, who was tying up her boots. The boots Sirius got her, that matched his. She looked beautifully rugged, especially when she puts on her leather jacket. "First of all, I'm not stealing your and James's spotlight."

Lily huffed. "We don't care about that." She waved him off. "So, you thought about it?"

"It's all I think about." He admitted softly and Lily beamed. "But I can't. It's too soon, Lils. I couldn't bare it if she said no."