Underneath the Stars

The next two weeks went by smoothly despite the fact that they were locked inside the house. Whenever the sun was out, they were sitting in the garden, talking, playing boardgames, reading or Regulus flew around the garden on his broomstick. He was a really talented seeker, Izzie mused even though she wasn't that into quidditch. Another thing that helped was that the Blacks were nearly always gone. Sometimes they had dinner together, other times they came in late at night.

Walburga had talked about the wedding, telling her they only would invite family members and that it would be catered by the best wizarding caterer, Uglo. Not that she knew who he was. She had talked about her father giving her away at the wedding, and she nodded silently.

Sirius wrote her a short note every morning, but they wrote to each other mostly at night when she was huddled in her room with Reggie. Helping him sent messages to Remus. She really enjoyed the time she spent with Regulus as they distracted each other from the upcoming plans.

Earlier today their letters from Hogwarts arrived, which meant they are going to Diagon Alley tomorrow. Reggie was downstairs playing the piano since Remus was out with his father. The sound made it all the way up to her room, he played beautifully. It was obvious who was musically talented in the family. She really should jam with Reggie soon. She came out of her thoughts as her body warmed.

S: Are you alone?

I: I am. Have something in mind, Black?

S: Always ;-) There is a spot in the house that I love, I want you to see it. It's the perfect night.

I: Alright, now I'm intrigued to know what you love about this house.

S: What room are you in?

I: The room next to Reggie's.

S: Can you get in my room? That's easier.

I: Already inviting me to your room, how presumptuous.

S: I wish! No, it's the easiest way to get there.

I: Give me a minute. Your parents put some spells on it and its locked. I'll see what I can do.

She closed the book and tugged it in her bag before she slung it over her shoulder. Her body warmed again, but she slipped out of the room without looking at the message. The piano sounded even more beautiful from here and she debated if she wouldn't go down to join him instead, but then she warmed again.

"Impatient much." She muttered to herself. She stopped in front of Sirius's room. She let her hand hover over the black wooden door, feeling the magic radiate from it. She closed her eyes and breathed in deep, straining her fingers. Her body warmed again. With an audible groan, her hand went in the direction in the book, sending a stinging hex at Sirius. Yes, through the book and since they were connected it was rather easy. She concentrated on the door again. She didn't want to use her wand otherwise it would leave at trace. She closed her eyes again as she pushed against the wards. She felt the wards break, one by one. When the last one fell, she slowly turned the doorknob. His room looked like it hasn't been touched since he ran away. In contrary to the rest of the house, this room was decorated in red and gold. From banners to scarfs. From pictures of his friends to unfinished homework. It still smelled like Sirius. Like leather and fresh rain. She smiled as she let her hands hover over the dust covered desk. Forcing herself not to snoop, she opened her book again.

S: No, don't go in there!

S: You went in, didn't you? Get back, my parents spells are vicious.