Persisted Is One Word For It

When they were walking back to the common room, Remus suddenly smirked. "Can't believe Peter thinks we're dating."

"Lily had thought that for a while too." Izzie said looking up at him, she was once again tucked in his shoulder.

"Wait-what?" He stopped in front of the portrait to look back at her.

"Yeah, last year." She laughed. "After she saw us sleeping in the common room together."

"We do that all the time, though."

"Can't blame them really." Izzie shrugged. "What if you saw Lily and James acting around each other like we do."

A light bulb seemed to light up on top of his head. "Oh."

"Yeah, oh." She laughed. "Gigglewater."

The portrait opened and Remus leaned in whispering. "If they only knew." She laughed wholeheartedly. They both felt the eyes of James and Sirius on them as they entered.

It was a month since school started and both James and Sirius hadn't given up in the slightest. They tried to engage in a conversation with Izzie every chance they got. Sometimes she complied, other times she just ignored them or tried to begin a conversation with anybody else. Remus and Lily just found it all too amusing.

"At least I get a break now." Lily snickered as they walked to Transfiguration.

"His interest in me will wear off soon, Lils, don't worry." She smirked.

"Oh, no, please, keep him busy."

Izzie laughed as she threw her arm around Lily. The boy in question was leaning against the classroom, talking to Peter. Sirius was in the corner talking up Megan from Hufflepuff. She was giggling, caressing his arm softly, Sirius seemed to eat it up. Some things never change, Izzie thought to herself with a chuckle.

"Miller!" James shouted enthusiastically, clapping his hands together. Sirius' head snapped towards her in a millisecond. "Evans, my two favourite girls."

Lily groaned softly, for only her to hear, Izzie poked her side grinning as she pursed her lips at her. Izzie dropped the arm from Lily's shoulder and Lily quickly hurried in the classroom.

"Peter." She smiled at the shyest member of the marauders. "Potter." She glanced to James' other side where Sirius had appeared, leaving a disgruntled Megan in the corner. "Black."

"Oi, we have first names." James huffed.

"Do you? You never seem to remember mine, why should I bother with yours." She smirked before waltzing inside.

Lily, the traitor, had chosen her seat next to Remus. Izzie glared at both of them as she sat down behind them, they just smirked when she passed them. Sirius and James saw her sitting alone and they were whispering quickly to each other. When they saw that Peter was on his way towards her, they quickly darted forward. Sirius got distracted by Megan, who called over. And the second he looked over his shoulder, James had beaten him to it and sat down next to her. Sirius sat down disgruntled next to Peter.

"Hello, again." James smirked. It was the first time he sat beside her in class. It was always just Remus, Lily or one of the girls. Peter a handful of times over the years. "It's been fun getting to know you."

"Oh?" She raised an eyebrow. "Have you gotten to know me then?"

"I believe so. At a much slower pace, then I would've wanted to, but we'll get there."