Study Date

It was their first study date, a week after Sirius birthday. Lily was already back in class and helped her during, but it would be nice not to have help at all. She was a bit miffed that she didn't ask for to tutor her, but she explained she had enough on her plate already. Once she accepted her explanation, she nearly fell from her chair laughing that the Sirius Black was going to tutor her. Izzie left her in the common room, where she was still laughing.

So, now Izzie and Sirius were sitting in the library for about half an hour. Not that they had much time to study as they kept being interrupted by girls every few minutes who wanted to talk to Sirius. Just like now...

"Hey, Sirius." A pretty girl came over, rubbing her hand on Sirius's back. Sirius sighed quietly.

Izzie looked up smiling and even though she wasn't addressed she said. "Hello, Madeline."

The girl glared at her for a hot second before turning back to Sirius. Izzie shrugged and turned back to her essay.

"Never thought I would see you in the library to study." Her fingers trailed up and down his back. "There are more fun things to do here, do you want to-'"

"No." Sirius looked up from his notes he was writing for her. Izzie looked at them from the corner of her eye. "I'm not interested, can you just-" He waved his hand. "Go."

"I -" The girl was red in the face and fuming. Izzie's guess was that no boy had ever denied her. "This isn't over." She gritted through her teeth, shooting a glare at Izzie.

"It is for me, bye." And with that Sirius looked back down. Madeleine stood there for another minute trying to get his attention. When that didn't work, she marched out of the library.

"How do they all find me here?" He groaned.

"They don't. They're not out searching for you, Black." Izzie snickered. "They were all literally studying when we came in"

Sirius snorted in disbelief. Izzie knew some of the girls weren't really studious. But nobody was that stupid. They worked in silence again for a few more minutes before they heard giggling girls come closer. Sirius put his quill down with a loud thump and turned to her.

"I can't work like this."

"Like this... you mean in the library or with me? Or just study at all."

"I mean here. With all the girls."

"I thought you relished in the attention?'

"Well, not now." He snapped. Izzie studied him for a moment, he had his head down, playing with his fingers. Izzie rose from her seat swiftly and started packing up. "Where are you going?" He asked a little panicked. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to snap at you."

"Oh, Sirius " She chuckled lightly. "You're not getting off the hook with studying with me. I just know a place where we can be alone."

"Oh." Sirius fought the blush. "Right, great." He shoved all of his things in his bag with one movement. "Lead the way."

"Let's go." She grabbed his hand, surprising Sirius, as she guided him out of the library and weaved through the castle. She hadn't let go of his hand since the library, and Sirius didn't mind at all. He looked at their clasped hands, they fitted perfectly, Sirius mused to himself. Then a shiver ran down his spine, making his halt in his tracks.

"Iz? Why are we in the dungeons?" He asked with a frown. "The Slytherin common room is nearby."

"I know. Right there." She pointed at a blank wall.

"How-" He started but she pulled him into an empty classroom on their right. "Where are we?"

"An empty classroom." She said, blowing off the dust from one of the desks.