𝙰𝚊𝚛𝚘𝚗 𝙷𝚘𝚝𝚌𝚑𝚗𝚎𝚛 𝚇 𝚁𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚛

You and Aaron were on one of your morning runs. You usually did this whenever he was home and got bored. Right now you were racing him through the woods, there was a path you both liked. Just as you were about to pass the line finish line you to made, he rushed by. "Cheater!" You shouted at him before catching up.

"Not a cheater, just smart. You used your energy at the beginning to get a lead, I kept a steady pace before using the rest of it to pass you." You just looked at him. "I outsmarted you."

"Just because you're an FBI profiler and an ex prosecutor doesn't mean your smarter than me." You said.

"I never-" his phone rang. As he picked it up you slowly started backing up towards the direction the car was in. If he beat you hear then you'd beat him back. "Yeah, I'll be right in. Okay, bye." He hung up the phone. "As I was saying I never-" he saw you taking off down the path. He chuckled at you before he started to run after. He wasn't going to lose that easily.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"How's it going?" You asked Aaron over the phone. He'd try and call you at night before he went to bed during cases.

"It's a tough one. We can't figure out why he chooses his victims. First we think it's random, then we think there's a similarity because a few Victims look the same, and now we don't know what to think." You could tell he was frustrated and this road bump wasn't helping.

"Is he killing all the victims?" You asked having an idea. 

"No, just the ones that are similar."

"It's a forensic countermeasure. He takes randoms after the ones he really wants in order to throw you off." You thought of, you may not be a profiler or an agent but an outside view always helps.

"Have I ever told you how much I love you?" You could hear his smile on the other end and you knew he felt relieved.

"Yes, that's why we're engaged." You lightly laughed.

"What're you up to? It's like midnight there."

"Jacks asleep so I'm getting some of my own work done. They just had a test so I'm putting the grades in for that."

"How is he?"

"His project was a hit. Parents kept asking me if I had helped him, but I kept telling them he did it all on his own."

"Good, he had a lot of fun making it."

"You're tellin me. You were lucky you weren't here for the aftermath. Took me forever to clean the kitchen."

"How was your day anyway? Had to have been better than mine." He asked and you heard him get situated in his bed. You got more comfortable on the couch.

"One of the students saw you're picture on my desk. The one that Prentiss took, where I'm standing on the couch behind you so I'm taller than you. She said, 'please tell me that's you're younger brother and that he's in his twenties. Because I'm almost eighteen and I want a chance with him.'" You heard him laugh on the other end. "I told her we were engaged and you have a kid and she said, 'Dang, if y'all ever break up let me know so I can have a chance.' What's funnier is she was just in there for their free period, she doesn't even have my class."

You both talked for a while longer before falling asleep on the phone. One of you would hang up in the morning, but right now you just heard each others breathing and that's all you needed.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Aaron walked into the living room of his home. He knew Jack was asleep so he's already planned to be as quiet as possible, but what he didn't expect was to see you asleep on the couch.

You were finishing up grading some papers, so you also planned to stay up and wait for Aaron. It clearly didn't go to plan.

He smiled softly at you before he set his things down and taking off his shoes. He knelt down next to you, after turning on the lamp, and brushed the hair off your face. He admired the way your face looked in the light. You groaned and covered your eyes. "Hey." You smiled at Arron once you saw his face.

"You waited up on me?" He asked as you sat up.

"Had some work to finish, figured it wouldn't hurt to wait." Then you noticed the redness on his neck and the cut above his eyebrow. "What happened?" You reached out to check on his cut.

"Unsub tried to get away, we wrestled for a minute but he eventually gave up." He explained. You stood up grabbing his hand and pulling him to the kitchen, where you kept the first aid kit. "I've already been patched up, I'm all good."

"Well, they didn't do a good job. You're bleeding again." You told him as you sat on top of the counter so you'd be his height. You waved him over so he could stand in between you legs. You focused as you took off the previous bandage and wiped the blood off his face. You took a small gauze pad and placed it over the cut before using a bandage and medical tape to keep it there. "See, all better."

"Thank you." He smiled sweetly before kissing you. You smiled as you kissed back. He wrapped his arms around you and you rested your head in his shoulder. "Wanna go to bed?" He asked as you nodded your head. You went to hop off the counter but her stopped you by carrying you to the bedroom.

"I have legs." You said once he set you down on the bed.

"Yeah, but you were sleeping when I came in and you woke up just to patch me up, it's the least I could do." He said as he changed into his plaid pajama pants and plain white t-shirt.

"Jack already woke me up like twenty minutes before you got home, so I was barely asleep anyway. It's fine."

"Why can you never let me do something nice for you?" He chuckled.

"You save people every day you're already nice enough." You said kissing him again before laying your head on his chest. "I love you."

"I love you too."