𝙳𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚔 𝙷𝚊𝚕𝚎 𝚇 𝚁𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚛

"Welcome to pre-calc! I'm your new teacher ms. Y/l/n. Considering I'm joining you all at the beginning of the second semester, you're going to take something called a benchmark." You said earning groans from all the students in the class. "Don't worry. This doesn't count towards your grade. It's just a way for me to see what you know and how I can help you learn."

"Stiles, you said we don't take tests on first days back. This is a test." Malia said turning to the brunette next to her.

"You'll do just fine, okay? I tutored you." He smiled gloating.

"Exactly!" She whisper shouted as she was handed the paper.

"Remember, just because it isn't a test grade doesn't mean you shouldn't treat it as such. This is all we are going to do today, so once you're done turn it in. Wait until everyone else is done to pull out your phones and converse though."

Derek Hale was stood outside of the school so he could keep an eye on the teens. With the assassins and everything he didn't want to risk them getting harmed. As he leaned against his car, 'reading' a random book in his hand, a very familiar sent filled his nose. His head snapped up as he looked around trying to find the source. Then he looked through the school windows and there you stood. Leaning against your desk in Jeans and a flowy top. His heart just about stopped once he saw you for the first time in years. Last time he saw you was when the incident happened causing him and Laura to leave.

═✿═╡°˖✧𝑓𝑙𝑎𝑠ℎ𝑏𝑎𝑐𝑘✧˖°╞═✿═

"What?" You asked as tears filled your eyes.

"I'm leaving beacon hills." Young Derek repeated.

"No, no. I got that. Why?"

"I- we can't stay here. It's not safe. Me and Laura are leaving tomorrow. I wanted to tell you but she just told me yesterday and we spent so much time packing."

"Is it because of the fire?"

"Yeah. We think someone set it on purpose and they might come back to finish the job. It's easier if we just leave."

"Will you ever come back?" You asked turning to face him, now sitting crisscross on your bed.

"Maybe every now and then to visit my uncle, but I don't think I'll ever be back for more than a week." He faced her and seeing the tears on your face made his heart break.

"I'm going to miss you like crazy. I'll probably be a loner in school now."

"I'll miss you too. If you're still in beacon when I visit uncle Peter, I'll visit you too."

"Don't count on it. My college is still in California just not in beacon. Next time you visit I won't be here." The. It dawned on them both. They'd never see each other after this night. The two best friends who never confessed their feeling for each other would never even get the chance. Your hands suddenly became interesting as you avoided eye contact with him. Until he used his hand to lift your chin to look at him.

"I love you." He said without thinking.

"I love you too." You said not realizing how he meant it.

"No, not that kind of 'I love you' this kind." He said before leaning in and kissing your lips. You were in shock for a moment before quickly reciprocating the kiss and melting into it. Soon you both pulled away, out of breath.

"Can you stay? Just for the night." Not having the heart to say no, Derek nodded. By the morning he was gone and the only thing left was a Polaroid of them left on her bedside table.

══✿══╡°˖✧𝑝𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑒𝑛𝑡✧˖°╞══✿══

"Miss Tate. Please stay behind, I just want to have a word." You said giving her a soft smile to hint that she wasn't in trouble. Once the rest of the class was gone she took a seat next to your desk. "I wanted to talk about your benchmark. I know some people struggle with learning and I know you're already taking a big step with having mister Stilinski tutor you, which is great. But I would also like you to know that my doors are also open if you'd like extra help. You're not in trouble and you would never be if you're asking for help."

"That's all?" Malia asked wanting to leave.

"Yes. Unless you have any questions for me." Malias eyes caught sight of a Polaroid on your desk. And the boy oddly resembled a familiar werewolf she knew.

"Who's that?" She pointed to the picture.

"Just an old friend. Haven't seen him in years. I don't even know if I'll see him ever again." You sighed and glanced out the window, long enough for malia to snatch the picture and hide it. "I'll see you tomorrow. Remember my door is always open." Malia nodded grabbing her stuff and leaving the room.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Earth to Malia!" Stiles shouted finally gaining her attention. "You okay?"

"Did you know ms. Y/l/n knows Derek?" She asked pulling out the Polaroid and showing it to stiles as they waited for Derek in his loft.

"Wha- where'd you get this?" He asked examining it.

"She had it on her desk. I took it when she wasn't looking. You know, the timeline matches maybe she's an assassin or the benefactor." Malia said and stiles then noticed Derek standing over his shoulder.

"Give me that!" Derek almost shouted snatching the picture from stiles.

"So you do know her!" Malia shouted smiling.

"Yes. She's not an assassin let alone the benefactor. She doesn't even know about the supernatural. Do not even think about dragging her into it either."

"She lives in beacon hills, Derek. She's going to be dragged into it at some point." Stiles said.

"Some point is not today or tomorrow."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

You walked into your classroom setting down your bag on your desk before turning around and almost screaming before a hand was placed over your mouth. "It's just me."

"Derek?" You voice was muffled before he took his hand off. "I thought you weren't coming back to Beacon Hills?"

"Well, that changed a few years ago. You aren't glad to see me?" Without a second thought you pulled him into a kiss, wrapping your arms around his neck. You pulled away after a while.

"That answer your question?" All he did was nod as he leaned down to capture your lips on his again.