𝙹𝚂𝚌𝚑𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚝 𝚇 𝚁𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚛

One dreary night, something large was spotted flying around. Well, not really flying around, and the only person who spotted it was you...because it came flying directly at your face.

You were walking your dog at the park near your house, the park also had baseball fields so it wasn't abnormal for you to see people at them. As you walked you noticed a man practicing his swings, using a pitchers machine. A few of the balls would even hit the fence, the clash would spook your dog but he was fine overall. You had seen him around a few times, even had a few short conversations with him. You thought he was quite good looking and his New York accent wasn't half bad. You'd never make a move though, you could never have that type of confidence.

As you finished up your walk you saw one of the balls fly over the fence and come closer to you. Before you knew it, it had hit you directly on the nose. "Oh shit!" You heard the guy shout as he ran to your aid. "Are you okay?"

"No, I think you broke my nose." You said all nasally as he helped you off the ground.

"I have a first aid kit in my truck." He said as he guided you to his car. He opened the passenger door and had you sit in the seat so he could get a better look at it. As he patched you up your dog sat right next to his legs, watching his every move and even growling whenever you'd wince. "That's the best it's gonna get, did you drive here?"

"Why? You trying to figure out how to hide the evidence after you kidnap me?" You joked.

"No. I'm gonna take you to the urgent care, I need to know if I should bring you back here after or not." He said after he laughed.

"Oh, no. I walked here."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Good lord, how'd this happen?" The nurse asked as she walked into the room.

"Got hit in the face by a baseball." You answered shortly.

"Jeez." She grimaced as she took off the wrap and napkins off your, already, bruised, swollen, and bloody nose.

Schlatt sat out in the waiting room with your dog as he waiting for you to be all bandaged up. "You two make quite the couple. I've never seen someone accidentally hit a baseball too hard and hit their spouse in the nose." The receptionist said as Schlatt pet your dog.

"Oh, we aren't a couple. We're barely acquaintances." He corrected.

"You should get to know her more then. Take her on a date as an apology. You know, shot your shot. I saw how she looked at you."

Schlatt sat there as he thought. He had seen you around and he loved it when he had short conversations with you. He wouldn't mind taking you on a date...or a few of them. He decided that when you had gotten all healed up from the incident that he would ask you out, and hopefully you don't hold grudges.

The doctor told you that it wasn't broken, surprisingly, it was just severely bruised. Schlatt drove you home and helped you inside. He double checked to make sure you didn't need anything else and left his number on a note on the table in your kitchen if you needed anything. "John, I will be fine."

"You sure you don't need anything else?" He asked as he made his way to the front door.

"Yes I'm sure. If I need anything I'll text you, specifically."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Okay, Schlatt you've got this. You've asked out plenty of women, just breathe." Schlatt told himself before he knocked on your door.

It had been a while since the incident and you two still talked. You'd still see him around the park and he'd make sure to be extra careful when hitting the baseballs if you were around. "Hey, Schlatt!"

"Hey, y/n. So, I was thinking that as an apology for hitting you in the face with a baseball, I could take you to dinner." He said before holding the flowers out.

"Oh, that's unexpected, but I'm very glad you asked. I would love to go to dinner with you." You smiled at him as you took the flowers.

"Thank god, I thought you were gonna be like 'what the hell, no I'm not gonna go on a date with the guy who smashed my nose with a baseball'." You lightly giggled at him before placing a hand on his cheek.

"I would've gone out with you even before you hit the baseball at my face." You said softly before standing onto your tiptoes to kiss him.

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

I Fr didn't know how to end it so hopefully it isn't to bad. 🤍