𝙰𝚊𝚛𝚘𝚗 𝙷𝚘𝚝𝚌𝚑𝚗𝚎𝚛 𝚇 𝚁𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚛

This took me three days y'all. It's 3055 words.

"You could just stay the night." Aaron suggested as you grabbed your bag. He'd just gotten back from a case and Jack was now back in bed.

"I have work tomorrow, plus none of my scrubs are clean." You brought up.

"I don't know if you know this, but I have a washing machine and dryer." He tried to persuade, wrapping his arms around your waist.

"I know you do, I've used them before. I'll tell you what, I'll sleep in my bed at my apartment for tonight and tomorrow after work I'll bring dinner and an overnight bag and spend the night. Fair?"

"Maybe the FBI should hire you as a negotiator."

"Okay, if I'm going to make it home before complete darkness I should leave now."

"Promise to call me the second you get home."

"Pinky promise." You held out your pinky and he linked his with yours before pulling you in and kissing you. "I love you."

"I love you too. Be safe." He said and you held up your taser.

"Will do."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The round table was mostly solemn, considering they were majorly solving serial killer mysteries, but today was the heaviest of heavy. It was rare for one of those feelings, but when it was there you could feel it before you even walked into the BAU bullpen. When Hotch checked his phone for the fifth time, expecting a call or text, he could feel the tension without even looking up. When he did look up he saw your medical ID picture on display. "What's this?"

"Hotch..." Rossi said gesturing to a chair.

"Why is her picture up there?" He said setting his things down.

"Someone last night called nine one one and reported a woman being attacked and dragged into an alley way. When police arrived they found her ID on the ground." Garcia explained, different pictures appearing on the screen as she did.

"Who? Do we know who-who took her? Who called? Why-" he started to panic, he'd already lost Haley (divorced or not) he couldn't lose you.

"We will find her, she's family and you know we fight like hell for family." Emily said, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"I need-need a minute." He excused and walked back to his office. He closed the door behind him, sitting down in his chair as he let himself break. It was very rare for Hotch to show any emotion, he was usually stone cold unless he was off the clock and with his favorite people, but for him to cry was the rarest of rare.

He had a picture of you sitting on the corner of his desk and when it caught his eye more tears fell. The hurt felt different this time. He had lost a piece of himself when he lost Haley, but this felt like a much larger piece was lost. Not knowing if your were gone and if they were looking for a corpse hurt worse. A knock on the door caused Hotch to grab a tissue and wipe his tears before telling the person to come in. Rossi entered the room and sat down in the chair. Neither spoke for a second.

"She said she'd call me." Aaron finally spoke, his voice sounding pained. Rossi looked up in confusion. "She was watching Jack and I had asked her to stay because it was already so late. She told me she had to work and that she'd stay tomorrow night- tonight. I told her to call me and she made me pinky promise." Tears started to fall again. "I should've just refused to let her leave."

"Then he may have taken her at a later date. Aaron, we tell everyone every day not to blame themselves for an unsubs actions. Take our own advice. We can't control a psychopath's actions, but we can stop them and save future victims. And current ones."