Ch. 15: Sorely Mistaken

Start from the beginning

The... amount of innocent scientists lost working for the wrong cause... I... it was another memory that was hard to accept.

Braum: WELL?!

*BANG! RICOCHET! FIERY WHOOSH!*

I shoot off one of the prototypes, creating sparks and lighting the room ablaze from the gas leak. The sound of screams end up getting drowned out when Braum opens the door outside, where we disappear into the blizzard.

This wasn't the only times I killed innocent people, but... in my government's eyes, they weren't, so I guess not.

They seemed harmless to me. Now, all I do is hope to protect those who are innocent, even those who aren't, because death isn't something that just anyone deserves.

I also feel like I have to do something to make up for what I've done.

FLASHBACK END

What I did to Seraphine was just unacceptable, same with the rest of the girls. They didn't need that little show I put on.

Am I crying? Yep, I am-

I get cut off by the sound of knocking on my window, so I put it down to my surprise, Sera.

Sera: Y/N... I'm sorry... the truth is yes; I am very jealous. I liked you and I respected, understood your boundaries and your protocols that you like to follow. Then, I feel straight-up lied to when I caught you carrying Evelynn into her room.

Y/N: I know, and I'm sorry you got that impression. The truth is Evelynn was extremely startled, shocked, she needed someone to hold onto. That only someone she had was no longer with her, so, I had to step in, because I was the only person, she considered trusting at the time. I think it's very sweet that you like me, but... I just... it feels so wrong...

Sera: I get that, it's like some of the boys I meet for show-business, background dancers and junk. Like dating people from work.

Y/N: Yeah... kinda...

Sera: Well, where are you gonna go?

Y/N: Dunno, I just... I needed to be alone, can I come back up?

Sera: You kidding me? You don't even have to ask! *Light snicker* But... yeah, sure, come on.

I get out of my car and lock the door, windows back up.

Sera: And you don't need to leave the penthouse for your alone time...

Y/N: Good, because I don't think that'd be a good idea right now.

Sera: Wait, are you... are you going to stay here?

Y/N: Can I? That way you know I'm still alive and anyone trying to kill me won't expect it.

Sera: Uhm... w-well, take it up with Ahri, I guess.

Sera and I walk up to the elevator, relationship bridge between us absolutely smashed, so she shouldn't like me anymore.

I... really do like her, I like Eve too, but it's wrong, I can't do that. It doesn't help that all of these girls look better than any woman ever put on a screen.

I like all of them... correction.

I might... I... I don't know, my minds telling me no... but my body's telling me yes...

The elevator opens and I go join the rest of the girls in the lounge.

Y/N: Sorry guys I was having a moment... Getting shot at is no fun, and... with how shit's going for me, it's icing on the cake, but less about me-