1.

(Not my art, idk the artist. Lmk if you do so I can credit them)

⚠️Pre story TW!⚠️

This story contains many mentions of attempted suicide and excessive drinking, strong language (swearing mostly), as well as violence and a few other similar things. If these will result in any issues PLEASE STOP READING!! Any other trigger warnings I need to put in place aside from these will be at the top of the chapter they contain ( The suicidal chapter will mention the TW too for those who want to read the story but not that part), and I will mention sections that will include them if it's not a whole chapter thing.

Thank you and enjoy (: -Bee

***

Finally. A new start. Away from creepy old men working for Joja. Away from my old miserable life. Away from repeating days of being tired. Moving to the countryside was probably never a better choice. I get to have a new start. Meet new people and hopefully live a happy life here.

I arrive and see 2 people stood waiting at the bus stop as the bus halts. And the engine mysteriously breaks. Weird.

"Oh... that's not good" the woman driving the bus says. She looks at the engine and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong. So she states. But it just won't start up.

An old guy comes up to me and says "I'm Lewis, the mayor. You must be the new farmer"

"Yeah. I'm Y/n" I say with a smile. The woman faces me and introduces herself as Robin.

They show me the cabin, and what is 'my land' and then they tell me to rest up and then allow me to do my thing.

I decide to just go to bed as the travelling has worn me out.

- The next day -

I wake up and find a parcel on my floor and a bunch of tools.

'A little something to get you started - Lewis' it reads. I look inside and see that there are 15 parsnip seeds. So I get started.

I plant the parsnips, water them and head off into town. I decide to have a look around.

It's only 7am, so nowhere is open, but I wander around anyway just to get a general idea of where things are.

A guy heads towards me, he's got purpleish hair, he looks in his late 20s and he has an old tatty jacket. And he looks like he's done with life.

"Uhh, hi there." I say, walking up to him.

"What do you want?" He says.

"Sorry. I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm the new farmer... Y/n" I say. His scowl just got somehow more scowlier. Is that a word?

"Okay? The name's Shane. I have to go to work, leave me alone" he says grumpily.

What's his problem?

I look to where he is headed and he looks to be going to Joja Mart.

Makes sense...

I then carry on wandering around before heading to Pierre's as it opens.

I meet a few people in the shop. Caroline, Abigail, Gus and finally Marnie.

"Oh by the way, I saw you wandering around? Did you happen to meet my nephew Shane?" She asks.

"Yeah. He's a complete misery guts." I say, "No offence"

"None taken. But I can assure you, he's a nice guy. You just have to get him to warm up to you." She says.

"How do I do that..." I mutter to myself as I walk away curious.