Chapter 29

Zipora Pov:

      Kat drags me down the hall to the stairs. Before she takes another step I remove my arm from her hold.

"Dang Kat, you're going to pull my arm off." I say to her laughing.

She gives me a sheepish look, "Sorry chica, it's just I can't wait for you to meet my Dad. You're the first real friend I've had and since him and my Mom let you come over it's kind of a big deal since they are very wary about who comes around."

I didn't stop to think that Kat would be nervous and excited for me to meet her parents, especially her Dad.

"I get it, I felt the same when you met my parents. I hope your Dad likes me."

She gives me a reassuring smile, "Oh he will, he may look scary but he is a big teddy bear. Now let's get down there before my Mom sends Mateo to get us."

We make our way down the stairs to the dining room area. When we get close I hear the chatter of her family.

"I can do this, I can do this." I repeat to myself over and over again.

Walking in I see that her family is already sitting down. Kat's Dad is at the head of the table, her Mom and Mateo are on his left and Diego and Louis are on his right. I wonder when those two got here.

They stop talking when Kat and I finally walk all the way in. I try not to make any eye contact with Diego or Louis even though I can feel their eyes on me. I direct my eyes on Kat as she walks up to her Dad and gives him a kiss on the cheek.

"Papa, this is my friend Zipora." Kat introduces me with a smile on her face.

I make my way over to them as he stands up from his seat. "It's nice to meet you, Zipora." He says in his deep voice, he reaches out his hand to shake mine.

I wipe my hands on my joggers before shaking his hand. " It's nice to meet you too, Sir."

The whole Gomez family is beautiful. They all have those piercing blue eyes except Mrs. Gomez but her eyes are just as captivating. Mr. Gomez is very handsome as well, he's wearing a nice fitted black suit and he smells really good.

"I hope you are enjoying your time here so far." He says

"Yes I am, your home is very beautiful."

" That's good and thank you. I'm glad you are enjoying yourself and I'm pretty sure Katrina is being a great hostess." He says directing the last part to Katrina.

"Of course I am."

"Good, now Katrina go show Zipora to a seat so we can enjoy this beautiful dinner your Mother and Mateo have made." he says while sitting back down

The seats that are available are next to Mateo and Louis and I for dang sure was not about to seat next to Louis. I'm glad Kat caught my drift because she told me to sit next to Mateo as she went around the table to sit next to Louis.

Once we are seated Mr. Gomez says a prayer over the food. When he is done we start rotating the dishes to each other. Once everyone gathered their food we started eating.

"So Zipora, Kat tells us you just moved here." Mr. Gomez starts off the conversation.

"Yeah we moved from Missouri."

He nods his head at my response, "That's a far move, may I ask why?"

I wiped my mouth before replying, "It was for my parents job, my Dad is a lawyer and my Mom is his assistant."