Chapter 7

Zipora POV:

What the heck was that I thought to myself watching Diego walking down the hall.

My heart feels like it's going to beat out of my chest, I got bold for a second but when I saw his eyes start to get darker, oh lord I knew I messed up. I didn't even know that people's eyes actually did that. I thought it was only in books.

Putting my hand on my chest, I feel myself start to calm down. "Thank God my next class is a few doors down," I say to myself hearing the final bell go off.

 Pushing myself off the lockers I start to make my way down the hallway to my next class, hopefully the teacher doesn't trip out that I'm late.

~

The bell goes off, signaling that class is over. I pack up my stuff and speed walk to the door. Finally, just one more class and I can go home and lay in my bed just thinking about it makes me happy that I can't help but dance a little.

As I'm walking down the hallway, trying to get through the crowd of kids, I see Katrina. As I'm about to go up to her I see that she is having a heated conversation with Diego.

That's a sign for me to get outta here.

I turn around beginning to walk away only to have a group of cheerleaders block my path. Trying to get around them I hear a familiar voice call my name.

"Zipora!", I hear.

Oh why me, I whine to myself. Maybe if I keep my head low, I can act like I didn't hear her.

"Zipora, girl I know you hear me." I hear Katrina say.

I stop in my tracks and slowly turn around, seeing Katrina right behind me with her hand on her hip.

"You were going to keep walking after you heard me call your name?" She asked me with a pout on her face crossing her arms.

I smile nervously, starting to fiddled with my hands. 

"Well... I saw you having a conversation with Diego and.... decided to go the other way." I told her pointing behind me.

She nodes her head in understanding, "I understand, I would've gone the other way too." She says.

"Is everything alright?" I asked her, seeing she looked really annoyed.

She rolls her eyes, "Just my cousin being controlling, he is so annoying" she says shaking her head.

"Anyway.." she sighs " What's your last class?" She asked me, starting to walk down the hall.

Walking next to her I look at my schedule and see I have art last period. I nod in approval. I'm happy with that, something easy to end the day.

"Art", I respond

She smiles in delight "Me too, this is going to be so much fun" Katrina says, looping our arms together.

I smile at her comment, "I think so too" I tell her as we go to art class.

~

"Finally," I sigh, packing up my things to go home. I hear Katrina laughing beside me.

"Come on, your first day wasn't that bad," she says trying to hide her smile.

I turn around looking at her like she's crazy.

"Okay okay" she laughs "On the bright side we got to meet." She looks at me with a bright smile.

"Yeah, that is the only good thing about this day." I tell her not wanting to bring up her cousin and what happened earlier. I shiver just thinking about it.

As we leave the classroom, I look down at my phone seeing a text from my mom saying she's outside.

"Hey Katrina, I've got to go, my mom's outside". I said to her, "Oh okay, let's swap numbers?" She says pulling out her phone. I nod my head giving her my number.

We say our goodbyes and part ways.

As I'm walking out the entrance to my mom's car, I get the feeling that someone is watching me.

Turning around I make eye contact with Diego.

He stares at me unblinking. I stare at him back and we stay like that for a couple minutes before I finally turn away hearing my mom call my name.

That was strange. Why was he looking at me like that, and why didn't it bother me as much as it should.

Man, I need some help.

Getting in the car, My mom turned down the music and asked me how my day was.

I sigh, just deciding to tell her it was very eventful. She nods her head in approval before driving home.

If only she knew what my day was really like, I think to myself, laying my head against the window.