35: New Mission

I stifled a giggle at their frozen bodies. I obviously wasn't expected.
"Miss me?" I smiled. On cue, Ryder's arm snaked around my waist and pulled me closer. Their gazes flitted between us, trying to discern what was going on but they didn't care look at Ryder's face, for he had this cold stare and demeaning aura. Fuck, even I would have been terrified.

Alex and Close flanked us on either side and I motioned to Britney 5o get up. She obliged and stood, dusting imaginary dirt from her clothes and flashing our audience a peace sign. They gaped with their mouths open, realization dawning on them that it was just a plot. Brian, once recovered, stepped a foot closer to us just as Britney stepped in line with us. Unfortunately, that was a step too close as Ryder growled. A bit too rash if you ask me. I kinda wanted to see what he was up to. The said Alpha took an instinctive step backwards. He knows he can't defeat Ryder in a fight. Ashley, trying to portray as Luna,clung to Brian's arm and glared at us. This time however, I couldn't control it. I laughed.

I laughed so hard, I was crying. This obviously wasn't new to my companions but our audience was confused. Their faces made it even harder to stop. Ashley's glare looked more like an obviously terrified kitten trying to face off a tiger than a Luna defending her pack. I sobered up though. Eventually.

"What are you doing here?" Mrs Woods spat.
"I apologise for my insolence, Mrs Woods." I sneered the last words.
"Please forgive this insolent crybaby but I have come for retribution." She visibly flinched and her mouth fell open before she covered it with a snarl. Alex had long since taken Julia upstairs but he didn't return. Poor fella. I unconsciously wondered if Julia was pregnant.

"I did the right thing by making Brian reject you. Look at you!! Already clinging to another man." A low growl erupted from Ryder's throat and his grip on my waist tightened. I could tell he wanted to rip her apart but I had made him promise that he would let me handle it.

"Another man? I suppose you are right. After all the man is my mate." A lot of mouths fell open and Ryder's hold on me loosened. I blinked at him through my eyelashes, and before he knew it, pulled him into a deep kiss. The familiar explosion of fireworks rang bells in my head. How long had it been? A month? Two? 60 days too long. Way too long. I guess I'm to blame. I did starve myself after all. But this is not the time. I pulled away from him and turned to my spectators.
"You guys should learn to close your mouths." They closed their mouths immediately and my parents came closer. Now that I took a good look at them. Thy looked haggard and worn out like they hadn't slept in weeks.

Dad's beard was overgrown and his eyes were puffy. Dark bags were under his eyes. His back was a bit hunched and he had developed wrinkles. Mom was no better. Her eyes were swollen and her hair was unkempt. The ponytail she placed it in was frazzled. Ends stuck out and I could see split ends. This was unusual for Mom. She loved her black hair. So much that she usually bought expensive hair products just to take care of it. She wasn't wearing makeup. Her outfit was mismatched and her shoes were outdated. She wasn't wearing jewelry either.

Something had happened or rather someone did something and I'm going to find out what.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I know y'all love me right now. I love you too. I got a new notebook faster than I expected and I have good internet. VOILA!! A new chapter!! Please call my attention to another tenses that I might have missed. I ain't good with those. Shirt chapter, I know. I didn't see the need to make it longer.

Please drop a tutorial on how to dedicate a chapter in the comment section. Thank you ❤️❤️

October 15, 2023
Luna❤️