31: Confession 2

Alexa's POV
"Um. I'm sorry for how I treated you, Alexandra." I nodded, keeping my face passive.
" I really am. It's just that my wolf saw you as a threat so....." He trailed off. I chuckled lightly.
" It's fine, Jake. I totally understand." Turning to Damian, I said
"Can we hold the ceremony tomorrow?" He thought for a while before replying,
"Yeah sure. That would be convenient." I nodded again and stood up.
"Alright. I'll see you tomorrow then."
"Do you know where the pack is?" Jake questioned.
"Alec will take me there. Won't he?" I gestured to him. He nodded yes and we left the table.

"Alexa, are you okay?" I turned to him confused.
"Why wouldn't I be?" He rubbed the back of his neck.
"Well um, you've been acting strange since I saw you yesterday." Oh that. I might've been acting a bit bipolar after Ryder and I departed. Mind you, I haven't rejected him yet. We decided to put it off for now since I'm going back to America on Saturday. Yeah!!!

"Those assholes gonna have their ass beat." An overenthusiastic Kylie chirped. 
" Alexa?" Oh right. I'm with Alec.
"Yeah? Nothing's wrong. I'm just peachy." His eyebrows furrowed even more.
" That makes me even more suspicious. Did Ryder do something?"
" What? No! Of course not!" Why would he even think that? His shoulders relaxed a bit but he was still tensed up.

"Calm down, Louis." He immediately jumped into defensive mode.
" I told you not to use that against me! This is not fair!!"
" Well, I had to do something. I promise you I'm fine." He relaxed fully this time and led me out of the coffee shop. We stood in front of his car and he pulled my hands into his.
"Do you promise that no matter what you will never keep anything from me?" He was serious, I wanted to laugh. But no, let's be serious too. I might as well tell him.

"Well, when you put it like that." I turned away from his eyes that were boring into my soul, trying to see my darkest secrets. He tugged on my hands to encourage me to go on. I sighed.

"I'll tell you when we get home." I can't tell him here. We're in public.
"You promise?" I swear this guy acts like a child sometimes. I nodded.
"Yes, I promise." Now that that's done with.

I jumped into the car and hit the head rest of the driver's seat like they do in the movies.
"Drive!!! Drive!!! Drive!!!" I exclaimed. Alec laughed and got into the driver's seat. But he didn't match my enthusiasm. He just got into the car and pulled out if the parking lot as slow as ever. Ugh.

"How are we friends?"
"Because you love me babe." He blew me a kiss that I dodged.
" Ewwwww!!" He just laughed.

~~~
"Spill" Alec turned down the volume of the song I was dancing to. When we got to Alec's house, he had totally forgotten about what I was supposed to tell him and I couldn't be more grateful. We cooked, sang and danced until he finally remembered. Now we are sitting on the couch while he is staring at me intensely, eating for me to spill my guts.

"I've had a major enlightenment recently." I looked at him and he gestured for me to go on.
" I realize that I've been selfish. In so many ways." I could see that he was about to object so I put my hand up to stop him.
"No interruptions, please."
"I never really gave my actions any thought. I just went through with them. And I'm sorry for that. Ever since I came to Italy, you've been there. Even though you weren't there that first week. But you've always been there for me. That time when all my mates were together, when I bought my house, when I first broke up with Ryder, you've always been there and I never got the chance to say thank you.

So I'm saying it now. Thank you Alec. You've been the bestest friend I could ever ask for. You put yourself on the line and stayed with me. I know the feelings haven't gone and I'm sorry for making you hide them and suppress them. You probably would be better off if I had just rejected you."

" No don't say that. That's not true. I love hanging out with you, Alexa. You don't have to feel sorry for what you can't control." No. I shook my head frantically. All this is my fault. Why can't he see that?
"I've been a bad friend. Putting myself first all the time and forgetting that you have feelings too. You have a life outside of our friendship and I forgot that. You haven't been with any girl since I've met you. I feel like I jeopardized everything when I came into your life." He kept mute this time. Thank God, he is finally seeing my point.

"But that's not what I'm getting at. I haven't done anything in my own. I depend so much on you and Chloe, I feel like our friendship is one sided. All you guys do is give and all I do is take. That's not how it's supposed to be. I feel so useless." Tears spilled out of my eyes as I said the last sentence. I covered my face with my hands with my hands as I sobbed.

Alec plucked my hands from my face and held them in his.
"You are not useless, Alexa. You are strong, you are wise. Wiser than a thousand reasons why. Now you can't be perfect. 'Cause nobody's perfect." My eyes teared up again at  the beautiful lyrics of Tatiana Manaois's Like You.

"Thank you. Alec, I don't deserve you." He shook his head.
"No, I don't deserve you, Alexa."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alright then. Two heartfelt moments from her two mates. One the opposite of the other. Beautiful. The lyrics were something I had been thinking of for a long time so I just thought it would fit this chapter. I hope it did.

Next chapter is going to be Alexa in America!!!! Yay!! I personally want yo see how she would react to seeing Brian and Ashley together and even Bella too.

Also I have a little surprise for you in the next chapter.

Please vote, comment and follow!!
Chapter goal: 4.5K reads or 160 votes

September 7, 2023
Luna ❤️

MatelessOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara