8: Confusion

Alexandra's POV
How was it possible? He couldn't be my mate. Conner couldn't be my mate and if he was, I would have felt something when I left his house. I couldn't stay with him. His pack was next to Brian's and I know he goes there for business. There were chances that he would go there with Ashley and I don't think I can stand another heartbreak.
'Enough of BRIAN already, I am tired of listening to his name' Kylie said all of a sudden
'I am sorry Kylie I will try' Then I got an idea.
'Why don't we move to another country' I asked her my excitement bubbling.
'i thought you would never ask' She replied with the same amount of excitement.

I checked my bags and found my passport and just the right amount of money I needed. I hailed a taxi and headed to the airport. There was a flight to Italy that was in 30 minutes which was enough time to buy the ticket and get ready.

In Italy
I got off the plane and breathed in fresh air. I couldn't believe I was in Italy. I admired the surroundings, there were beautiful buildings everywhere. My first stop was a hotel. I hailed a taxi and through the map on my phone, I found a place named Hotel Paradise really cheesy if you ask me. Kylie was jumping up and down in my head excitedly.
'I can't believe we are in Italy. We have to book a hotel room, get a job, enrol into college' She started ranting about what we should do when we settle down.
'Hey, we will take one step at a time ok?' I said cutting her off. We booked a hotel room and I found out why it was called Hotel Paradise. To say the place was beautiful was an understatement. The bed was blue and white. The room itself was painted blue, contasting the bed. It had a table and a computer which I guessed was for research. The wardrobe was in-built and had some hangers. It really was Paradise. On my way out of the hotel, I bumped in to someone. It was my first day here and I already bumped into someone.
"Sorry " I said looking up. Oh shitake mushrooms, he was drop dead gorgeous. Kylie was practically swooning over him in my head. Best part of it all, he was a werewolf. I looked into his captivating Hazel coloured eyes and it felt like we were the only ones in the lobby. ' Mate, mate,mine, mine, mate, mate, mine, mine' Kylie chanted happily in my head. Are you kidding me? I can't reject him but I can't accept him either. I felt the same way I felt when I found my exmate, Brian. But this time,the feeling was stronger. I don't want a mate just yet!!!!! I just arrived in Italy for crying out loud. I needed to explain things and let him know how I feel about this. I have to-
"I am sorry but I can't" He can't what? Don't tell me he is rejecting me!!! I can't go through this again. Before I could speak, he continued "I can't be your mate, I am sorry. I am already mated and I don't want to reject you but I have to" Just when I thought my life was back on track, fate decided to slap my face. I asked Kylie for permission and knew exactly what I had to do. But first
"What is your name? I can at least know your name, if I am going to be rejected again". It was hard to be rejected again.
"Again" My soon-to-be ex mate asked raising one eyebrow. He was so handsome.
"Yeah, my first mate rejected me so I came to Italy to forget about him and seeing as you want to reject me, I might as well move again." All the memories of the dreadful night surfaced. I could feel my eyes brimming with tears but I blinked them away. I couldn't cry in front of him. Kylie was sobbing uncontrollably and this time there was no stopping her.

I hope she can handle another heartbreak because I don't want to lose my wolf.
'' Why don't you reject me then, that way you won't go through so much pain? By the way, it's Ryder, Ryder Smith" he said. What? Ryder Smith as in the alpha of the biggest pack in Italy and the don of the Italian Mafia. Could my life get any weirder? I was about to reject the most powerful man I know. But I had to for Kylie. I summed up courage and said "I, Alexandra Black, reject you, Ryder Smith as my mate". He looked confused.
"Alexandra as in Alexandra Black of Deep Forest Pack. Your family is looking for you"
"I don't have family" I snapped. This was not what I wanted to deal with. "Yes, you do and they are looking everywhere for you. They even called me to ask for help. They are very worried about you". That statement made me burst into laughter. It was not warm but cold and wicked. He grabbed me and pulled me out of the hotel. I didn't stop laughing and he kept looking at me as if I was crazy. When I finally got a hold on myself, he asked "Why were you laughing? Did I say something funny?"
"I was laughing because those people don't even care if I am dead or alive. They are only doing it for the pack to think they care. They are not my family. My family died a few days ago. People who couldn't stand up for their family member should not be called family. A person who let her brother reject you and banish you from the pack should not be called a best friend". I said with venom in my voice. After that, I walked out on him.