His Favorite. Final.

Reader's Name: LeonaStarring: Joey Bada$$ as "Unique" from Raising Kanan

Starring: Joey Bada$$ as "Unique" from Raising Kanan.

♡(non-$mut.)♡

                  ♡♥︎♡

As the sunrays peeking through the white, sheer blinds, stirring her from sleep. Her eyelashes fluttered open, and she became aware of the touch of the warm sun on her melanated skin. Though still groggy, she emitted low sounds as she attempted to adjust to her surroundings. Then, recollection dawned on her, and she remembered where she was. Though she would have preferred to sleep in longer, she shifted to her right side, curling up in the fetal position, causing the bed to creak.

Suddenly, she lifted herself onto her elbows, and her brown eyes scanned the medium-sized bedroom. The four walls surrounding her were painted a warm shade of amber. Her raven curls was wrapped in a silk pink bonnet, and she wore Unique's black t-shirt, which was infused with the strong scent of his cologne.

With a sprightly leap, she got off the bed and made her way to the bathroom to freshen up. She gathered her clothes on the way, ready for a quick change. After the refreshing shower, she came to the realization that Unique was nowhere to be found in the house.

Leona dressed up for work, thinking to herself that if he wasn't home, he must be either wandering on the streets or spending time with his son. Before leaving, she made sure to close the door behind her and sprayed a hint of vanilla perfume on herself, just in case they could smell him on her. She then got into her car and drove away from Unique's house.

                       ♡♥︎♡

As she sank into her desk chair, a steaming cup of mint tea in her grasp, courtesy of Detective Howard's apologetic gesture for barging in on her earlier, she couldn't shake off thoughts of Unique even after a long day of combing through cases, sifting through clues, and interviewing witnesses at the crime scenes. Despite the surge of adrenaline coursing through her veins, Unique lingered on her mind like a stubborn stain.

As she perched on her plush grey suede sofa, Leona fiddled with her phone and dialed his number. She held her breath, anticipating his answer. Her cheeks heated up as she heard his voice on the other end.

"Hey there, baby. Already missing me?" Unique teased with a smirk.

Leona felt a flush of heat rise to her cheeks as Unique's words reached her ears. "You've been on my mind," he had said. "Would it be okay if I came over?" But before she could even answer, Unique had a different proposal. "What if we went on a date instead?" he suggested, arching his eyebrows in anticipation.

Leona's nervous fidgeting with a loose string on the couch transformed into a smile as she eagerly agreed.

Leona flashed a smile and inquired, "A date sounds lovely, where will we be heading, Kadeem?"

Unique replied with a grin, "It's a surprise." Leona puckered her lips and retorted, "I'm not a fan of surprises, Kadeem. Can't you just tell me?"

"You'll like this surprise and I'll tell you when we get there after I pick you up. I'm on the way." Unique lightly chuckled. "Alright baby I'll be waiting." Leona sang.

"Wear something comfortable too baby girl." Unique told her.

                       ♡♥︎♡

The grey concrete of the parking lot was the perfect backdrop for his dark green Rolls Royce, which came to a halt. An inflatable movie screen loomed in front of them, and as Poetic Justice began, Unique exclaimed "Open your eyes!".

Leona blinked, taking in the empty lot and the only car in sight - the bodyguard's parked next to Unique's. The jet-black sky and trees served as the backdrop behind the raven screen, complete with speakers.

Both Leona and Unique were dressed in matching grey sweatpants and hoodies, with white Air Jordans on their feet.

"Wow, a drive-in movie! Kadeem, this is amazing!" Leona exclaimed as she leaned in to give him a peck on the cheek. "I reserved the whole place just for us," Unique said with a wide grin on his face. "What snacks do you want? I'll grab the popcorn and candy," he added, walking out of the car with his bodyguards by his side. Leona rolled down the window to tell him her preferences as the guards kept a watchful eye on their surroundings.

"Can I have a pack of Skittles, a Pepsi, and gummy worms, please?" Leona requested, grinning as her partner's index finger and thumb lifted her chin. "No problem, baby," Unique replied, planting a gentle kiss on her lips. As they parted, the sound of their smooch echoed, leaving Leona feeling a little bashful.

Accompanied by his entourage of security personnel, Unique sauntered over to the refreshment stand, eager to indulge in the array of treats on offer. As he perused the selection, his attention was drawn to a young woman with smooth, cocoa-hued skin and bold, tortoiseshell glasses perched on the bridge of her nose. Her sparkling brown eyes and playful dimples were framed by a cascade of raven curls that bounced with each step. A quick glance at her name tag revealed that her moniker was "Cupid."

Unique approached the cashier with a confident stride, ready to satisfy his sweet tooth. "Can I get two packs of Skittles, two Pepsis, two packs of gummy worms, and a large popcorn?" he requested from the lady in front of the till.

Cupid, the cashier, wasted no time in getting to work, waving her right hand to signal her colleague Denise to gather the candy and popcorn while she grabbed the drinks. Unique's bodyguards, always at the ready, quickly grabbed the drinks and gummy worms, while Unique himself held onto the popcorn. "Your total comes to $5.11," Cupid informed him.

Without hesitation, Unique pulled out his wallet, placing the popcorn on the smooth, polished surface of the red oak counter. He handed over the cash to Cupid, who thanked him with a smile. "Have a great night," she said. "You too," replied Unique, nodding in appreciation. As he walked away with his treats in hand, Unique couldn't wait to indulge in his guilty pleasure.

As Unique approached the car, she opened the door and settled into the driver's seat. "You're here," she exclaimed with a smile. In the meantime, her bodyguards handed her the drinks and placed the popcorn in the center of the car. They also gave her some gummy worms bag and placed them in the cup holders. "Thank you, Donnie and Louie," Unique expressed her gratitude towards the two men. "It's no big deal," Donnie replied.

Donnie and Louie took a leisurely walk back to their car and kept a lookout by the doors. Meanwhile, Unique closed all the windows and settled down to enjoy their food, snacks, and movie. Leona glanced at Unique, who had his dark brown eyes fixed on her.

"If you keep staring, I'll start blushing," she teased, munching on a gummy worm. "It's adorable when you blush, and don't worry, I won't bite." Unique flashed his gold grill, biting his bottom lip.

Leona asked, lifting her eyebrows at him, "Is there anything you need?" He replied, tracing his index finger along her chin to inspect her beautiful, rosy-tinted, melanated face. "I need you," he said. "Really?" Leona inquired. "Yes, I do," he repeated, gently caressing her face. The two shared a couple of tender pecks that escalated into a slow, passionate lip lock. The kiss ended, but their desire for each other lingered.

Unique expressed his desire to make things official by taking Leona on a proper date, rather than just hooking up at his place. Leona grinned in response, clearly pleased by his sentiment.

"Would you like to be my girl?" Unique asked, to which Leona eagerly nodded her head.

"I would love to," she replied, planting a gentle kiss on his lips. "Thank you for taking me out, Kadeem."

"No problem, baby," Unique responded, their hands now sweetly entwined.

—————