All That Matters.

Reader's Name: Naomi

Starring: Joey Bada$$.

♡(non-smut)♡

♡♥︎♡

The couple's backs leaned against the beige plush couch with their clothed bodies nestled close to each other. Their deep brown eyes fixed on the television playing a cartoon as the theme song softly hummed in the background, Her boyfriend rested his arm over her shoulder, and she laid her head on his left side, inhaling the intoxicating scent of his strong cologne, Surrounding the couple was the four walls painted in a soothing sage green hue, engulfing them in a peaceful ambiance.

"Is there anythin' you do today baby?" Joey asked her, pecking her forehead lovingly.

Once they had resolved all the issues in their relationship, they enjoyed each other's company throughout the week of spring break. They needed a break from their classes and the , just this once.

"How about we go to the campus park? How does that sound?" Naomi suggested, smiling warmly. Lifting her head from his shoulder.

"Sounds perfect," Joey replied, his voice filled with enthusiasm. "I've been wanting to spend more time outdoors lately. Let's go." he nodded to her suggestion, open to spending time outside with his girlfriend.

The couple stood up from the couch and made their way to the front door of her dorm room, walked through the double doors and headed straight for the campus park. The sun was shining brightly, casting a warm glow on everything it touched.

♡♥︎♡

The couple sauntered through the peaceful campus park, their fingers gradually intertwining, their shoes clicking on the chilly concrete, while birds chirped in the towering green, trees and the wind gently caressed their melanated faces.

The couple found a cozy spot under a large oak tree on top of a small hill. Naomi spreads out an amber-orange blanket and the couple took a seat, taking in the beauty of their surroundings. Her brown eyes fixed on her fellow black and brown students enjoying their time in the park.

A few students were engaged in a game of basketball, while others were seated on the campus bench or taking a yoga class, The sound of cheerful laughter and indistinct chatter filled the park, inviting the people to indulge in pure enjoyment.

The other students enjoyed their own spring break activities, until a familiar face walk through the park. It was Brandi. The same girl who tried to mess up Joey and Naomi's relationship.

Brandi's gaze shifted toward the couple as her eyes blazed in jealousy. "I know damn well, that bitch isn't with my man.." Brandi grumbled under her breath. She couldn't have this happening right in front of her face.

Brandi marched up to the small hill with revenge on her mind, she cleared her throat to cut the chatter between the couple.

"Well, well, well. I see the happy couple is back together hm?" She drawled devilishly with a sly grin, her hands resting on her hips.

Naomi and Jo-Vaughn immediately got up from the blanket, filled with fury, just when they finally had a chance to spend time together. On the very day that they had some free time, Brandi reentered their lives on campus.

"You think I'm gonna let you take my man?" Brandi spat, pointing to Jo-Vaughn, her jealousy evident in her tone.

Jo-Vaughn and Naomi's faces twisted up in irritation, she can't be this crazy and delusional right? Brandi and Jo-Vaughn weren't even together at one point, this was the same thing she did last time.

"Listen here you stupid, loose-tooth bitch. This is my man. Not yours. I'm making that crystal clear. " Naomi shot back, tilting her head to mock Brandi.

"Guess what bitch? As long as we're on campus. I'm gonna be near you two all year long until I get Joey back. Did you get that?" Brandi spat, pushing Naomi against the oak tree. Her back hits the rough bark as she winced in pain.

Jo-Vaughn stood between the melanated women with his eyes looking at both of them cautiously, "Listen, Brandi. You and I weren't even together." He retorted, he was cut off by Brandi shifting her gaze at his direction.

"Shut the fuck up Joey!" Brandi bellowed with anger, she covered her mouth using her hands. "Oh—you know what, I'll gladly fight for him." she corrected herself, crackling her knuckles.

Brandi forcefully tackled Naomi onto the green grass, causing the women to tumble down the small hill, emitting pained grunts and hisses, their fists connecting to each other's cheeks and noses, a plethora of punches repeated in a loop, crimson blood splattered on the lush, grass with every rough blow from Naomi and then Brandi.

The campus security was called and pulled the women away from each other, a plethora of "ooohs" emitted from the group of the students as they watched them. "Nothing to see here! Go back to your damn dorms!" Juno bellowed with sternness.

After the fight between Naomi and Brandi was talked with Principal Jones, the principal made Naomi apologize and she had to spend the rest of the year in probation for making a threat and fighting a student.

While Naomi didn't get in trouble, just let off with a warning since she fought back despite Jo-Vaughn explaining the whole situation for Principal Jones.

Naomi and Jo-Vaughn spend the rest of their spring break in her dorm room, which she thought they should've done the in first place if she knew this was going to happen during the day at the campus. Jo-Vaughn carefully took care of her scratches and bruises with healing ointment and bandages, kissing her forehead lovingly.

"You good, baby? Today was a good day for us but when she came up to us—"

"Well, at least we have each other right? You're mine." Naomi asked him in a soft tone, resting her head on his shoulder once again. Her boyfriend smiled at her with his gaze shifting toward hers,

"Right, and that's all that matters beautiful.." Jo-Vaughn reassured with genuine affection. Pressing his forehead against hers with a tender kiss on her lips.

———————