Arguin' For What?

Reader's Name: Lanae

Reader's Name: Lanae./Nae.
Starring: Joey Bada$$ as "Unique" from Raising Kanan.

♡( Requested By -CAASHMONEYNAE )♡

‼️(a toxic relationship)‼️

                           ♡♥︎♡

"Why the fuck were you stayin' out so gotdamn late at night again hm?"

With an air of elegance, she perched on the plush chocolate-brown couch, her arms and legs crossed in an unwavering stance. Her stubborn gaze bore into her husband as he puffed on a blunt, exhaling thick clouds of smoke into the air. The scent of jasmine perfume and weed mingled together, filling the room. The soft sound of Faith Evans' "Soon As I Get Home" drifted from the radio, barely audible as she turned down the volume with her delicate fingertips. The medium-sized living room was adorned with coffee-cream walls, adorned with frames of the couple's wedding day and a few works of art. The bright orange recessed lights shone down on their melanated skin, heightening the tension in the room. The thick, heavy atmosphere was palpable enough to cut with a knife.

"Lanae you know damn well why I'm always out of this fuckin' house so late, I'm workin' on these streets to provide for you! When I'm busy, You can call Worrell, Donnie and Tyree on what the fuck I'm doin' for our family yo!" Unique spat, frustrated, pointing to the phone on the answering machine that wasn't glowing red.

As Unique's gaze narrowed, he crushed the blunt into the ashtray, the drug coursing through his veins. Despite the temporary calmness it brought, his nerves remained frayed by the ongoing argument.

"If you need proof, just give Worrell, Donnie, or Tyree a call and ask them what I'm doing for us. It's frustratin' to see that red light on the answering machine not blinking, telling me that you haven't even bothered to check for my messages Nae." Unique spat with intensity, his finger pointing toward the silent machine.

"I'm not calling them niggas, I'm pagin' you! Then why the hell I'm smellin' perfume on you, Kadeem? Are you cheatin' on me? 'cause I swear I'll knock that grill out of yo' mouth and make sure that bitch never sees the light of day nigga!" Lanae exclaimed, her voice laced with anger and frustration.

Lanae stood up from the couch, her black slippers gliding over the polished hardwood floors, her hands planted firmly on her hips. Getting closer to his face, It was just another day, another argument.

Lanae draped herself in a sleek jet-black silk robe, hugging her curvaceous body while the soft fabric rubbed against her thick thighs. The sleeves stopped at her elbows, allowing her to flaunt her soft melanated skin. To complete her look, she adorned a black paisley banana on her dark brown curls, which bounced gracefully at her shoulders. Her thick glasses rested behind her dark brown pupils, and she kept her feet cozy with black slippers and black tube socks. A shimmering gold necklace around her neck with the initial 'L', sent a slight shiver down her spine from the cold metal.