From Up Above.

Reader's Name: Briana/Bri

Starring: Joey Bada$$.

( a/n: inspired by -CAASHMONEYNAE 's book 'Love Is Only A Feeling', the book is goodt! Go read it!)

♡(Requested By brrownbarbie   )♡

♡**♥︎**♡

As her car pulled up to her Mom's library, her brown eyes fixated on the small building painted in a warm beige hue adorned with medium-sized windows. she killed the engine and shifted the stick to park, reaching for her purse to sling it over her shoulder. She instinctively reaches for the door handle and stepped out of her vehicle, her shoes clicked on cold concrete with every speedy stride. The warm breeze caressed her melanated face.

Briana puts her keys inside her purse as she turned the doorknob, swung the door open, and was welcomed by her mother.

Briana wore a crisp white collared tee-shirt paired with a sage green smock with front pockets, and dust-toned khaki pants. Plain white sneakers and white socks adorned her feet, her raven black box braids neatly tied back in a ponytail as her hair swung with each step she took.

"Hi Bri, you came here just in time for your shift. How are you sweetie?" Her mom greeted her warmly, resting her elbows on the counter.

"Hey, mama. I'm good, do we have any books on Greek mythology?" Briana asked her, slipping on her sage green smock as she fixed her collar.

Bri hung her purse on the same coat rack as her Mom's, she swiftly picked up her name tag and attached it to her polo shirt, which was colored in a soft shade of sage green.

"Of course, we do. Let me guess Ms. Daniels is giving you another assignment. Hm?" Her mom playfully hummed, stacking two green books atop one more book before gently pushing them into the shelf.

"Yes, she is. Writing an essay for this summer, but I want to read and write about black gods and goddesses but I can't help but wonder if they exist, waiting to be discovered." Briana replied with a warm tone, a slight shrug of her shoulders.

During every summer, whenever Briana helped her mom, she would work with her mother at her library before resuming her studies at the HBCU college in the upcoming fall. She loved to read books and literature.

Her advanced English professor Ms. Daniels had assigned the students a task to read a book centered on Greek mythology and select a god, goddess, or demigod to study and write an essay about.

Obviously, the other college students were gonna write about Zenus, Apollo, Athena, Aphrodite, Hera, Poseidon, and Eros. However, Briana had a desire to discover if any black deities existed as opposed to the ones she learned about in high school. Luckily, her mom had this library.

"Ohh! I have the perfect book for you baby girl, follow me my dear.." Her mom exclaimed, Using a hand motion, she led her daughter to walk down the hallway.