Around Who?

Reader's Name: Dasia

Starring: Joey Bada$$ as "Unique" from Raising Kanan.

♡(Requested)♡

                   ♡♥︎♡

Her back leaned against the chocolate brown plush couch with her chestnut brown eyes fixed on the television screen playing a Living Single episode as the theme song softly played in the background, she rested her face in her right palm as an occasional yawn emitted from her lips, surrounding the melanated woman was the four walls painted in a rich, caramel hue decorated with family pictures and framed art pieces, the scent of vanilla and brown sugar emanating from the trio of flickering candles on the cream coffee-hued nightstand in the corner of the medium-sized living room.

The serene silence and soft flickering of the candles, filled the room but was interrupted by the sound of a car pulling up to the driveway of her house, she lifted her head as her gaze shifted towards the window to see who it is, the door slowly swung open to reveal her son, Kareem.

"What's up, mama? Have you seen Dad anywhere?" Kareem asked, closing the door behind him as he was quickly hugged by his mama, Dasia.

"Hey, Kareem but no I haven't seen him, is something wrong?" Dasia asked, cocking her head to the side in confusion as she pondered behind the question.

The young man bore an uncanny resemblance to his father, with his skin as rich as dark chocolate, his deep brown eyes, full lips, and a sharp jawline that perfectly accentuated his nose. He stood tall and lean, just like him.

Her features were contorted in rage, her eyebrows furrowing deeply. "I've seen a woman around him and I couldn't help but wonder--" he had begun to say before she interrupted him with a serious expression.

"Kadeem had a woman around you? Hell no, I'm gonna call him right now while you go back to your apartment.." Dasia's voice trailed off as she reached for her phone, her fingers tapping on the buttons to dial her ex's number. Kareem nodded silently, understanding the anger and frustration in his mother's voice, and quickly made his way out of the house.

As the phone rang, Dasia's eyes remained fixed on the living room window, her mind racing with thoughts. The scent of vanilla and brown sugar no longer brought her comfort, but rather a bitter taste in her mouth. Quickly blowing the candles despite the smell lingering in the air.

Unique answered the phone, his voice sounding deep and slightly raspy.

"What's up, baby?"

"Where are you?"

"I'm workin' at the stash house right now, what's wrong?"

"Once you're done working, can you come over to the house? It's important Kadeem."

"A'ight, I'll come over—Donnie clean this shit up man! Get that basehead the fuck outta here, son!"

"Bye Kadeem."