I was walking towards the work building lost in thought.

I couldn't sleep well last night.

For some reason, I couldn't get the kiss I shared with Matthew out of my mind. It just kept coming back to me. I softly brushed my fingers on my lips and felt my cheeks heat up a little.

GOSH!

I feel so ashamed of myself! But every time I think about that intimate moment my heart races! Which in turn makes me feel more ashamed! Why?!? Why did I like that?!?

I shook my head. I couldn't wrap my mind around what happened yesterday.

It's definitely because I'm lonely here and perhaps, even a little scared too! I need to go back and see Nolan!

I nodded to myself.

Cheating is not okay!! I may not have started it and I didn't even understand what was happening at the beginning but I didn't push him away even when he kissed me and that's wrong!

Shame on me!

I pulled out my phone from my pocket to call Nolan when it started ringing out of the blue

!!!

Seeing the caller ID on the phone made me perk up

It was from Nolan! Maybe he missed me as well!

"Hello!" I immediately answered the call, "Nolan!"

"Clio!" He seemed excited for once, "Hey! How are you!"

"I'm fin-"

"I got a job for you," He cut me off.

"Oh..." I felt bad about that, "You got a job for me?" It made my heart sink, "Is that why you called?"

"Of course," He answered, "It's really important."

"No," I said, "I mean, is that the 'only' reason you call-"

"Clio, listen to me," He cut me again, "You did a really good job with those Chinese drug case files." He praised me and though it was a compliment, I didn't feel all that happy.

"Thank you..."

"I need you to go to do it again."

!!!

"What!" My heart quickened its pace, "You want me to do what again?" And a knot formed in the pit of my stomach. It was a familiar feeling, one that I had experienced before, "Get something on the mafia?" I didn't think I would be doing that again!

Once was more than enough. Getting involved with the mafia is scary!!

"Yes," He replied, "There's a party at a nightclub called Lux." He said, "Getting in there would be even easier. It's a short notice so I can't get the VIP pass for you." He clicked his tongue, "But I'm sure you can handle it."

"Nolan, wait, I," I didn't want to do that again, "I don't want to,"

"You have to Clio! Lux is owned by the director of A.M and Matthew. We get a scoop from there again and we can make trouble for Matthew and his partner. We'll get to expose them more."

"But deal with the mafia?" I had a bad feeling about it all, "It's even worse than dealing with the serial killer!" I was sent here for the Head Hunter but he's been quiet for the past few days. But of course, it's most likely because killers plan their murders and don't go on sense sprees so that they don't get caught.

"The mafia just might be doing those killings!" He said, "You never know! I'll send you the details in text. Be sure to go." He ignored my plea and my anxiety just grew.