What is happening?

>>Clio

Our lips met in a soft and tender collision, sending a rush of sensation coursing through my veins. His touch was both gentle and electrifying, Every brush of his lips against mine ignited a cascade of emotions within me. His touch was so soft, so caring, so wonderful, it made me feel wanted.

I don't even know what was happening to me, I just kept moving with the flow without a thought in my head.

As the kiss deepened, I could feel his hands on mine tightening as our lips fought a battle. This was the first time I had properly kissed anyone, it was hard to keep up and I have no idea how I did it. I just let him lead me. It was raw and unfiltered.

My heart pounded in my chest and I felt his body press against mine. And maybe I would have kept going if it wasn't for what I felt press against my groin

!!???

A bulge that made my eyes go wide. A moment of rationality was all it took for me to realize what I was doing and I pulled my face to the side and yanked my hands away from his, making him stop.

My eyes were wide and I had no idea what to say at the moment. I was scared, terrified of how I had let myself carry on with something like this.

"Wait," I heard him say but didn't turn to look at him, "This..." He tries to control himself again, "This..." He tried to explain it but couldn't so he turned away, "Leave." He said softly at first but when I didn't move, he yelled it out, "LEAVE!" My body jolted at his voice and I jumped from the desk. Not wasting a second, I turned around and ran out of the room.

I ran through the office with my mind garbled.

What was that? What just happened? How...

I brought my fingers next to my lips and pressed them on the tender skin.

How...

Why did I let him kiss me?! Guilt gnawed at the edges of my consciousness. I couldn't escape the reality of what I had just done – I really kissed the boss?

Then I came to a halt just before exiting and looked back.

Why? What even happened?! I'm not attracted to the CEO, so how?!? And what happened to him? He looked as if he was in a rut or something? Did someone drug him? Why else would he look like that?!? His eyes were hazy and I think he didn't know what he was doing either.

Oh God... Shouldn't I have helped him?

I felt myself sweat when my hands touched my pockets and I felt something in it. I took it and my eyes went wide. It was that thin box the director gave me. I opened it and found a syringe in it.

...

What?

What is even going on here?!? Did the director do something?! Wait, did he drug the CEO and send me in on purpose?!? Why!??! He looked like he was up to something when he called me into his office too and now there's this injection...

Was it really all his doing!?!?

But why? "Why would the director do that to the CEO?" I stared at the box.

This doesn't make any sense...

"I don't know what's going in that pretty little head of yours," A voice and a presence that came out of nowhere startled me, "But I'm not the culprit." I shot my head around in fear and saw Azef who casually took the box from me as he emerged from the darkness of the corridor, "I would never mean any harm to our beloved boss."

Then he walked away, into the office, leaving me with so many questions that I couldn't find the answers to no matter how much I thought about it.

And everything aside, why didn't I make a fuss? Why was I so stunned that I let it happen?!?! Why did I let him kiss me, why did I respond?