Trap

>>Zhou-Lin

"Oh," I puffed out the smoke from the pipe, "Fancy seeing you here."

The young man walked towards me as I sat in the open rooftop bar.

"You were the one who called me here," He came over and sat down across from me. We had a Chinese-style hut over our heads and a clean view of the city around us.

"Murim," I called his name as I brought my pipe down from my mouth

"Why call me here Mister Zhou?" I watched him. He's certainly grown up to be a fine man. An eye-candy even. Makes sense that he went ahead and decided to be an actor.

That is, if he can keep himself out of his family's drama that might unfold soon.

"I've recently learned something new." I smiled, "I want to know more about it."

"Know what?"

"You had a classmate once, in high school." The corner of his lip twitched, "Clio,"

"How do you know that boy?" He maintained his poker face when he talked and I found that charming.

"He's working under Matthew."

"I still don't get why you know an employee?"

"So you didn't hear."

"You're a very annoying person, Mister Zhou," He didn't get angry but still stated his mind, "You live up to your reputation."

I let out a chuckle, "I do, don't I?"

"Your pretty face as well." He folded his arms, "So?"

"The other two of your friends just died recently."

He was unfazed, "I was not friends with anyone from high school."

"Ah~" I puffed out some smoke, "No wonders you don't know," I crossed my legs, "I guess you won't mind the fact that I killed them then,"

"..." He didn't take off his poker face, "No,"

I let out a soft chuckle, "You won't ask me why either?"

"..." He stared at me for a moment. I'm sure he was curious since I already mentioned Clio, but will he ask me about it? "Is there something you're going to tell me? I have a shoot to be at,"

Hmmm~

I guess not,

I can't tell him Clio is a girl. Matthew would rip my throat out regardless of his kinship with my mother.

"I'm just curious why Silas wanted that dead girl." I went straight to the point.

"I don't know how you got to know that-" He paused, "I'm guessing you had a meeting with that boy, Clio, otherwise you wouldn't know that," He finally passed me a smirk, "There is no grand reason for uncle to want that girl," He stood up, "But you wouldn't understand even if I told you." He began to walk away when I asked him a final question.

"I'm going to ask this hypothetically," He paused and looked at me as I presented a question, "How would you react if you found out the girl was alive?"

He knitted his eyebrows but his facial expressions didn't change much, "You already know the Somas hate liars," He turned around to leave as the wind blew past us, "It will not end well." He grabbed the door handle that was past the open bar, opened the door, and left the place.

After watching him leave, I turned the other way, at the setting sun. It was a splendid view. One could see the Sun setting in all its glory between two skyscrapers. The orange hue of the sky made the scene somewhat relaxing.

Mafia's Mateजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें