Matthew Merikh

>>Clio

There was a look of disbelief on his face and after staring at me for a few seconds, he turned his head around and walked away. The moment he was out of sight, several thoughts consumed me.

Dread filled my every fiber, questioning whether I had just crossed paths with a dangerous individual capable of committing unspeakable acts. Was that really him? His physique matched a lot with the person I saw in the alley. And why was he staring at me? Did he recognize me from that time? Does he remember my face?

A complex whirlwind of emotions swept through me. Fear and suspicion tangled with uncertainty. My heart pounded loudly in my chest, and adrenaline surged through my veins, preparing me for the worst-case scenario. My breath quickened, and my senses were on high alert, hyper-aware of every movement and sound around me.

"Clio," Bizy put his hand on my shoulder, startling the hell out of me. It almost made me jump out of my skin, "Are you okay?" I turned to look at him with my eyes wide in shock.

"Yes?" I wanted to speak in a normal tone yet my voice didn't come out so well.

"You look pale," He said, "Are you okay?" He knitted his eyebrows at my extreme reaction.

"Ah," I put my hand on my face, "Yes," I nodded, "I'm fine," I let out a sigh of relief, "I'm alright." Doubt clouded my mind. I could be wrong. What if my fear and imagination were playing tricks on me? I should try and remain calm. I have to behave rationally or I won't get anywhere.

He nodded, "I guess you're overwhelmed." He smiled, "Don't worry, everyone's friendly here."

I forced a smile on my face, "Yes," I nodded, "I'm sure." He looked around, "How about taking a look around the building to calm yourself?"

"Huh?" I didn't get to reply to him. I had no intention of looking around but he started shooting his head around for someone, "Mister Bizy, it's fine." I barely said the words when he called out to someone.

"Chris!" He named someone, "Show Clio around the place." Ah shit... Now I'll have to go. I licked my lips in defeat and waited for this Chris guy to come over fully expecting a jock-style blond guy and I wasn't wrong.

Well, for the most part.

As 'Chris' came over. My expressions did the automatic thing where I looked surprised. Chris was definitely the blonde jock-style person, but he wasn't a guy. I was wrong about that.

"Hi," Chris greeted me, "I'll show you around." I stared at the tall blonde woman with gray eyes.

"Okay..."

Woah. She's quite tall. I wasn't expecting Chris to be a woman. She started leading the way and I followed her. I wasn't expecting much out of it but it actually calmed me down. Although, there was this odd feeling that I kept getting as if I was being watched.

It was when we reached the terrace that Chris got a call and was asked to go back down that I got to have some alone time.

"Sorry," She smiled at me and I looked into her eyes.

"It's alright," I answered as I stared into those gray orbs of her and felt something off. There was something strange in her gaze.

"You can stay here and get some fresh air and come down after you've relaxed." She began to walk away while I let out a deep breath. When she was out of sight, I turned around to look at the city view from the terrace.

City A...

This place is full of nightmares for me. I can't believe I'm back at the place where I desperately ran away from. I looked at the blue sky, there was no trace of any clouds there.

"I hope I don't run into anyone I know while I'm here." I whispered to myself and took out my phone from my pocket to look at the time, "That would be a disaster..."

!!!

Right then, a shiver went down my spine and I felt the intense gaze of someone on me. Without wasting a moment, I turned around and my eyes landed on a man.

Matthew Merikh.

He was watching me from the office, through the wall-sized windows. Unfortunately, I didn't realize that the terrace had a big portion of it right outside his office and he stood at the side of the window where the glass door was.

I gulped in fear. I should get away from here! But as soon as I moved I heard him command, "Don't move." He walked outside and I stopped but I couldn't bring myself to look at him, "Look at me," He demanded and I knew I had to move.

I slowly turned around to look at him but the moment our eyes met, his mood went sour which in turn scared me even more. I had tried to tell myself I should remain calm but Matthew's expressions wouldn't let me do that.

"Shit," He whispered in an annoyed tone, then looked back at me with an annoyed expression. It seemed like he was getting angrier by the second. There was a deep sense of vulnerability that surged inside of me. The possibility of being in the presence of someone capable of murder left me feeling exposed and unprotected.

But what further scared the shit out of me was when he marched towards me, "You!" He pointed at me, "What's your name?!"

"C-clio!" I managed to speak out in panic but it didn't make him feel any better. He stomped towards me and I started to step back until my back collided with the terrace wall that reached up to my chest.

Why was he angry? I didn't even do anything! Don't tell me, it's because he is the killer and he remembers my face! Is he going to kill me?!?

"What are you!?" He grabbed me by the collar and picked me up in the air single-handedly and effortlessly,

"Yes?" I was so confused and scared I couldn't process what he was asking me.

"I can't smell you like others!!" He was furious, "Dressed like a boy yet you don't smell like one."

His words made me freeze in fear. My already pounding heart felt like it was going to come out. What? I don't smell like a boy!? What's that supposed to mean??!

His frightening yet handsome face looked at me and his gaze seared into mine, "This can't be," He whispered with a look of denial, "No, a guy?!" He looked down at my pants and grabbed my private part out of the blue.

!!!

The sudden abhorrent action made me shriek and in a fit of panic, I swung my phone around and hit him in the head. The corner of the machine hit the side of his head and he dropped me on impact.

I fell to the ground, barely avoiding falling over the ledge.

My mind raced with so many thoughts, and I couldn't make out any of them but Matthew's groan sent a shiver of dread across my body. I turned my head slightly to look at him crouched down on the ground while holding his head with one hand.

Droplets of red streamed down the side of his face and trickled to the ground. His hand had gotten smeared with blood and the view alone made my skin stand up in fear. So, when he shot his head at me with a fierce glare, I felt my breathing come to a halt as a sense of doom took over my mind.