Caught

>>Clio

It was the end for me. I knew I was going to die. At that moment I found it incredibly stupid that I never realized Chris was the killer just because everything thought the killer was a male.

That scythe would cut my head off in one clean sweep and out of fear, I was about to close my eyes when a sudden burst of movement caught my eye.

!!???

A figure emerged from the curtain of rain, running toward me with a determination that sliced through the darkness.

Matthew?!

I immediately recognized him, even in the darkness as he came running towards us at inhuman speed.

Hope flickered within me as the figure drew closer but the Scythe did not stop its movement. As Matthew entered the dim glow of a distant streetlight, a surreal transformation unfolded. Chris had noticed him too, yet decided to put an end to me first.

But in a breathtaking metamorphosis, Matthew shifted mid-stride, shedding the guise of humanity to reveal the primal form beneath.

!!???

The scythe came to my neck, cutting the skin as Matthew- or what used to be him, now a wolf, slammed Chris's body with a force that reverberated through the air. Her weapon dropped on the ground just as I was released and she was tackled.

She was taken off guard by the sudden intervention but still tried to fight him off while I scurried away. Growls and snarls mingled with the ambient drumming of raindrops.

I crawled a few steps away, then looked back as the black wolf bit her arms.

I stared at the scene with my mouth and my eyes wide open. Chris hissed in pain when the wolf forced his fangs into her arms, injuring him.

The blood trailed down, mixing in with the rainwater.

That's when the sound of another pair of footsteps caught my attention. And I looked in the direction Matthew had come from.

Harou was running over. He had his gun out as he made it to the playground.

???

Chris let out a loud groan, making me look back at them and I noticed the wolf had torn her ligaments.

Harou came over and Matthew gave him the space as Chris struggled on the ground.

"You're under arrest for serial murders of innocent girls," He put her in handcuff, paying no attention to how she was bleeding out, "You have the right to remain silent," He was out of breath but he still recited the words.

But I barely paid attention to them as my eyes were glued to the big black wolf that made its way towards me.

My heart was drumming in my chest. So loudly, it was echoing in my eyes. My mouth stood slightly agape and my eyes wide as I stared at him.

He stopped a few steps away from me.

"Impossible," The words escaped my mouth in the form of a whisper, "Impossible," Blending in with the sound of rain.

He stared at me, without a word, with those black majestic eyes of his.

Impossible

But I saw it with my own two eyes.

"Too bad, you got caught." Harou cuffed her, "And too bad you can't shift."

????

Most of the things were just flying over my head.

"Everything would have been perfect." Chris gritted her teeth, "Because you put the head out in the office, it changed everything!" She glared at the wolf.

Matthew and I turned to look at her.

"As a wolf, you knew only to go around to 'hunt' when it was raining so no one could catch your scent." Matthew walked up to her in his wolf form, "And I thought you were being shy when you refused to go to the pack."

Pack?

What pack?

A wolf pack? So Chris is supposed to be a wolf too? But Harou said she couldn't shift? Why? What does that mean?

She let out a scoff as the sound of sirens blared in the distance, coming closer, "And after my first and only refusal, you never asked me again." She looked at him, "You never wanted me in the pack."

"The pack was formed not too long ago," Matthew stared back at her as the red and blue lights came into view, "I would never want someone like you in the pack anyway." He began to step away on all fours. His dark ebony fur ruffled with the wind, "You're a stain to our kind."

The sound of sirens up close and the cars coming into view caught Matthew's attention and he turned on his heels and ran off. He was so swift, I was baffled and confused if all I saw was right or just a hallucination.

I shook my head and noticed my phone on the ground.

"What the hell..." I slowly grabbed my phone, it seemed fine even though the screen had cracked a little. But I'm hoping that's just the screensaver.

"You're not retaliating," Harou's statement made me look back at him and the murderer he had in cuffs.

Then I looked down at my phone.

Hmmm

And I opened it to get a video.

"There's no point now that you know who I am," She replied, "Being a fugitive isn't fun,"

The police cars stopped outside the park and the officers came rushing out. I stood up as Harou took Chris to the car while the other officers came and made sure she made no attempt to hurt anyone or run away.

"Must have gotten you really angry, you couldn't get your last win," Harou said, "Sad," He looked disappointed as he shoved her into the car.

Chris turned her head to me before the door closed.

"The only sad part is that I couldn't get you," And a chill ran down my spine, "But no worries," I lowered the phone a little as she spoke, "I know your secret, so I'll get to you one way or another."

...

My eyes went wide with fear

Oh Shit...