My Missing Mother

>>Calliope

I chose to stay

What else could I do?

I held no power, and no ability to challenge the people after me. So, I chose to listen to Matthew and stayed in the pack.

"Luna," Runy grabbed my hand, "Please stop biting your nails," She forced my thumbnail out of my mouth.

"Runy," I looked at her while we both sat in the lounge of the pack house, "My mother should be here by now, no?" I was super anxious, "They left city D hours ago!"

As soon as we got the info that Silas was planning on hunting Matthew and Azef since they were protecting me. They chose to spring into action and not let them find me.

Although of course, I was worried about my mother. Matthew said he'd have Bezof bring her here. The pack doesn't allow strangers to get to know about werewolves but since she's my mother and my only family, I had to bring her to safety.

It was decided that it won't be revealed to her that it's a pack, we were going to tell her that it's a safe place that Matthew owns but WHERE THE HELL IS SHE!?! I'm losing my mind here. I need her here with me, I won't be satisfied otherwise.

"I'm sure she'll be here any moment," Runy answered while I looked out the window, then at my phone.

I had tried calling Mom a few times, she did answer when they were leaving but she hasn't answered me for the past two hours.

It's making my mind go dizzy with worry.

"The sun is going to set soon Runy," I grabbed her hands and clasped them in mine, "Can you go check, please?"

"Um," She was a bit hesitant, "The Alpha told me not to leave your side,"

"What's going to happen to me when I'm literally sitting in his house?" I asked, "Surrounded by werewolves?"

"Most of us left with the Alpha and Beta,"

"They left with them?" I frowned,

"Yes," She answered.

Why? Why would pack members go with them?

Wait,

Could it be?

The pack is involved in the underworld too?

...

I shook my head

No, it can't be,

I bit my nail again

Can it? Well, they're werewolves, so they are hunters....

"Please, stop," Runy grabbed my hand again and got it out of my mouth, "Fine," She stood up, "I'll look around the pack, is that fine?"

"Please!" I looked at her with desperation, "And contact as as soon as you find something,"

She let out a sigh, "Okay," I watched her leave and folded my arms. There was this ominous feeling swirling in my mind, constricting my chest. I clasped my hands together and prayed.

'Oh please God, I just want some sort of hint that she's fine,'

The sudden vibration of my phone jolted me from my reverie, and as I glanced at the screen, a chill ran down my spine. The text read: 'I'm lost in the forest,'

I frantically grabbed the phone and texted her back, 'Lost? What happened to Bezof?' I chewed my lower lip waiting for her reply. I knew something was wrong. Bezof went to get her for a reason. He's a wolf himself, so why would Mom be alone?