Inspection

>>Clio

The moment we stepped outside the station, I felt my soul leave my body.

OH! SHIT! OH SHIT! OH SHIT!!!!

I shot my head towards Matthew and he saw how the color left my face.

"Don't worry," He moved close to me, "They aren't going to do anything." He was calm but I wasn't. I can't believe such a big problem slipped my mind!!

I stepped towards him and held his hand with both of mine, "How are you so sure?" My feelings were turning into a mess. I wasn't at fault here but it all happened in my place.

What if I get wrongfully convicted?!?!

He took his free hand and placed it on my head, caressing it softly, "I'm telling you everything will be fine." His touch was calming, "If anything happens, I'm here to protect you," His words were calming, and my brain was trusting him, "I tagged along for you." But his statement made me blush and I looked down, not wanting him to see my pink cheeks.

How does he always manage to do this? Why do I find so much comfort in him?

"Tell them the truth but it's best to avoid mentioning Zhou-Lin," He added, "You don't need to worry because Harou is a very competent person. Nothing will go wrong."

"Come on," Harou was standing further away from us, and I turned to look at him, "This is a standard procedure, it won't take more than an hour."

Matthew retreated his hand and the sensation of him moving away from me didn't sit well with me. But along with that thought came the realization that I was indeed falling for him.

I want him close to me...

It got me on my toes and I ran after Harou who had started making his way into the station.

No way!!

NO way!!

I told myself I would stop!! I told myself I have to stop!!

I pursed my lips.

I shouldn't do this!

It didn't end well the first time! And I shouldn't be burdening someone else with my problems!

I gulped.

But, then why? Why can't I stop my heart from drumming like crazy??

Why?

How do I stop this?

***

I was questioned about the bullies and how they died. Matthew told me to tell them the truth about how it happened and I did.

I told them a third person came and killed them but I didn't name Zhou-Lin, I just told him that I didn't know the person. The CCTV near my apartment showed a figure entering the place and I affirmed that it was the same person who entered but I had no idea who it was. I didn't want to mention Zhou-Lin because I was afraid if he got involved in a police investigation because of me, he might just pull something dangerous to get back at me.

I doubt the police would be able to do anything against the Chinese Mafia, and I would be the only one who'd end up in trouble.

I wasn't questioned further, rather, I was let off easy which to my surprise was astonishing. Two people were killed but I didn't get in trouble. I thought I'd be the prime suspect since they died in my apartment and I had gone missing right after.

"It's because the evidence suggests that you didn't kill them." We got into Harou's car and he drove

"How?" I asked, "How do you know?"