New information

>>Clio

I waited for his answer. I don't know what I was expecting. I don't even know why I went ahead and asked something so sensitive. Kill someone as a kid?

As if,

For a kid to start killing, what kind of circumstances would one be in to do that? And how stupid of me to ask that. Maybe I'm just too nervous. And well, scared as well. And I can't forget how anxious I am along with being low on sleep. I shouldn't be asking something so delicate out of the blue. I'll just take that back-

"I did," He answered and my heart dropped to the pit of my stomach. My stomach did a thing, I felt like it churned but it also felt like a knot formed in it and I froze, "I haven't kept a record though." He answered calmly but his voice had gotten low, "I don't see the point of that."

...

It stung. A sense of dread engulfed me, "You," My voice came out shaky. Panic rose but the fear was more dominant, "You started killing as a child?" Saying that out loud made it sound worse.

He's a young assassin? Or something along those lines? I felt nauseous. More than cruel, I felt that was pitiful.

"No," He began to move his fingers again, "I didn't start killing as a kid. But my first kill was when I was a kid."

Oh...

I get that he wasn't a young killer but to have killed as a child doesn't make the situation any better. I wonder what happened? Was his first kill an accident? Was it intentional?

I couldn't ask,

I gulped, I didn't know how to respond to that. The information was heavy. He has killed people. Kill... Murder... How is he different from a serial killer then?

"But I'll say this," He answered as if he had read my mind, "Never was there ever an innocent person among the people who died. All the people were criminals." He paused for a second to see if I said anything, but when I didn't, he continued, "The underworld is a place where anyone could die at any moment, especially if you're a low rank member."

"...."

"This is why you never hear of deaths like these, ninety percent of these people are homeless orphans who ended up on a dark path."

....

My heart was heavy but I also knew he was right. We never hear of any deaths happening in the underworld... And I've always understood that the mafia and the organized crime syndicates have their own rules and values. Yet still, I can't grasp the concept of killing people easily.

"Even that person you killed in high school?" I asked softly.

"Yes,"

I pursed my lower lip, "You really chewed his throat out?"

"That's how wolves fight,"

Ah... Right... He's not human. There was so much new information, so much happening, I felt so tired mixed with it all.

"So, you're a werewolf?"

"You saw it with your own eyes." His voice sounded monotone. The tenderness when he asked about my injuries seemed to have vanished... Was he offended that I was treating him like a criminal?

But, he is a criminal. And I don't know how to deal with that.

"And that guy you killed in high school was one too?"

"Yea..."

"I see," Just picturing it made my skin stand up. Seeing a man covered in blood of another on a cold misty morning. Seeing a mutilated body under him, and seeing a part of the dead person in the killer's bloody mouth. It must have seemed like a nightmare, "What about the ones you killed today?"