Case files

>>Clio

"How did you find me?" I asked Harou as we arrived at the hospital. I had injuries that needed to be tended to but luckily nothing was life threatening or severe.

"I just followed Matthew," He replied as he helped me to the general ward bed.

I frowned, "And well how did he know when or how to find me?"

"Because he's not human."

"..." I lowered my gaze, "Yea I saw that..."

"You know it's just not my place to tell you all about them."

"Them?" He sat me down on the bed.

"The werewolves,"

"There more of them?!"

He let out a chuckle, "There is a whole community of them,"

My mouth hung open, "What...?" I shook my head, "Oh! Wait, Is that what he meant by a pack?" I looked at him with eyes wide open, "Is that what a pack is?"

"Yea," He answered, "Werewolves have packs, the packs are usually located away from human territories."

"Wait, what was that about Chris not being able to shift while Matthew can?"

"It's because both of them are halves."

"Halves?"

"To be exact, bastard children of wolves that were conceived between a werewolf and a human. Most of these children can't shift."

"Why not?"

"It depends on their wolves. Matthew's wolf awakened and he developed into a full werewolf. For Chris, that never happened."

My brain was frying and he noticed that.

"All you need to know is Matthew can tell when you're in trouble." He looked around to see if a doctor was coming to check me, "And that's why I had to keep an eye on him. I had to follow him to make the killer's arrest."

....

I thought about his words.

"Wait, did you know Chris was the killer?"

"I was ninety percent sure,"

!!?

"How?" I shook my head at him. My mind was so full of questions, I was barely focusing on the pain in my leg, "Chris said Matthew was the one who put Rameen's head on her desk."

"She's right. It was him."

!!!

"But he didn't kill her. I'm sure he found the head in the house when he went looking for Rameen." He continued, "Rameen wasn't picking up her phone. I saw her phone's call log and there were many missed calls from Matthew. So he must have gone in the house to make sure she was there before he went to the gathering."

"Oh..." I got the gist of it, "But he found the head there..."

"Yes," He nodded, "And chose to put it in a place that would cause public uproar."

"Why not inform the police of the crime right away?"

"Because there was no proof Chris did it then. No evidence. She could have acted the victim then too, just like how she acted when the head was found on her desk."

"So, you're saying he staged all that to get concrete proof?" I frowned, "Wouldn't that all get him in trouble?"

He let out a snicker, "I originally thought he might be the killer, except that his alibi checked out for most of the cases." He waved at a nurse and pointed at me, telling her to get me a doctor, "But I was sure he was the person who put the head in the office since he was the last one who made it to the gathering and everyone else was there." He looked at me, "But since things were adding up, I knew there was more to this." He shook his head softly, "The Head Hunter had never been caught on camera after all, and this person in the office made a show of it."