My father's ambitions

I was eight when my dad took me to a meeting he should never have. But he probably thought what could go wrong if he took his little daughter to a business meeting. It wasn't like I was going to attend it with him, I'd be doing my own thing while he did his work.

I was a little dumb but I was also very friendly and loved people.

My father was a very loving man. He adored me, so he liked taking me to places even when Clio wasn't with us. There were many times Dad took me while Mom took my brother while going out.

Dad wanted the best for his family and had ambitions of owning a big business.

I remember being in his arms as he carried me all the way to one of the top floors of a company building. There was an executive lounge there, reserved for the purpose of meetings.

"Daddy!" I was amazed by the twinkling chandeliers and the view from those wall sized windows were just too good, "We're so high up!" I raised my hands in the air to show him how excited I was.

He laughed, "We are!" He softly pinched my cheek, "But we're going for a meeting now, so you can't disturb daddy, alright?" He placed his finger on his lips, "You have to play quietly. The person I'm meeting today doesn't like kids much,"

I copied him and put my finger on my lips as well, "Okay," I nodded as I whispered.

"Good girl!" He smiled brightly and put me down, "See those bookshelves there, go get a book and read it while I attend my meeting."

"Okay," I ran like a kid that I was and jumped on the beanbag slamming my body on it but enjoying the sensation. The beanbag was right by the three story high bookshelf while the open room was in a different area. I settled down on it, then looked back at my dad.

I waved at him and he waved back at me. Then pointed at the books for kids, "Take one you like," I nodded and turned to see what I wanted to read. I was still in the middle of choosing when I heard Dad.

"Hello!" I turned to look at him and saw him meeting another man, "It's a pleasure to meet you,"

"Likewise Mr. Pane," The man replied. He looked like he was the same age as my father, maybe a little younger, I wasn't sure, "Come sit," He pointed at the long couches and both of them went there.

Hmmm?

Where is daddy going? I stood up, seeing him going away made me anxious. I began to run out of the open room when he suddenly popped his head back in.

"Hey!"

"Daddy!" I stopped in my path.

"I'm right here, don't worry even if you can't see me, okay?" He nodded at me and I nodded back, still feeling a little worried.

I clasped my hand together and looked at him with an open mouth, "Okay..."

"I'm not going anywhere," He nodded again, "I'll come to you when the meeting will end."

I nodded back,

"Okay..."

"Go back and read a book," He then went away again while I turned around to walk back to the beanbag. It was big and I jumped on it again but this time with less enthusiasm. I settled myself on it, then stared at the books.

There was this book with a dark blue cover with stars on it that caught my attention and I took it out.

'Le Petit Prince'

I opened the book and looked at the pictures. I really loved the art in it and for a while I just stared at it. After a while I went back to page one to try and read it, but for some reason I couldn't.