second day of nationals (pt3)

ABBIE: He knows, love. He's been watching the live feed all day.
THOMMO: Sorry, mate, looks like the waves didn't come your way.
☆彡
ARI: Yeah. And I had an anxiety attack and broke up with Wren. So, it's been a corker.
ABBIE: Oh, love. Are you okay? These competitions , they're so stressful.
THOMMO: Do you want us to come up? I can book a flight.
ABBIE: Yeah, I'm booking it now.
ARI: No, no, it's okay. I mean it wasn't really the comp. Well, it was partly the comp, but mainly... Mainly, I like Summer.
HONEY: Yes! I knew it. So long to the litterer.
MARGOT: She really likes you too.
ABBIE: Oh, and Margot's here. You're on speaker, darling.
*Ari laughs*
ARI: Hey, Margot.
MARGOT: Hi. Um... I think you're really good for her, Ari.
ABBIE: Hey, did you get that video I sent you?
ARI: Yeah, Mum. I did, actually.
ABBIE: It's such a cute dance.
ARI: Hey. could you send me the whole thing? I need to get this team back together.
*New South Whales start changing their name and all the other teams do their little chant too*
COMMENTATOR: Only a couple of heats left before we jump into the Boys' Individual finals. As it stands, New South Whales are still on top with Queensland and WA right in the mix.
*Marlon grabs his board*
COMMENTATOR: But Team Victoria have really gone off the boil.
GRIFF: Wax.
MARLON: Thanks.
*Marlon sits down and starts to wax his board and Ari walks up and starts to play the music and starts doing the dance Summer made up*
MARLON: Uh.. Okay... What?
SUMMER: What are you doing?
ARI: You should know, it's your choreography.
SUMMER: No, but why are you doing it?
ARI: Every other team has something they do to psych themselves up.
*Everyone starts laughing*
ARI: Come on, I'm dying up here, please.
SUMMER: I can see that.
ARI: Come on, Summer.
*He throws the speaker at Tommy and he catches it and Ari holds his hands out to Summer and Summer stands up and they start to do the dance together*
BODHI: Yeah! Do it, Summer!
*Poppy covers her eyes and then uncovers them*
POPPY: Oh, what is happening?
*Poppy laughs and every team starts looking over at us and Poppy jumps up and starts to follow the moves that Summer and Ari are doing and then so does Bodhi*
COMMENTATOR: Big change up for Team Victoria as the sub, Marlon Sousa, replaces one of their big stars, Baxter Radic. And Griff Temple's away. Team Vic really needs some magic here.
*Marlon looks back and sees them still doing the dance*
GIRL: Come on, Marlon!
COMMENTATOR: Team Victoria's unorthodox celebrations seem to be yielding results, with sub Marlon Sousa blitzing his way to the Boys' Final.
POPPY: Vamos, Marlon!

WITH JADE & BAX
JADE: Does that mean you're staying?
BAX: Yes, I'm staying.
*I squeal and smile at him and jump into his arms and kiss him*
JADE: I love you so much.
BAX: I love you too.

BACK WITH EVERYONE ELSE
ARI: Go, Marz!
COMMENTATOR: Well, the NSW captain hadn't put a foot wrong today. And with barely a minute to go in the Boys' Final, I think Levins can smell victory. Sousa, clinging to second place, desperately needs another score.
SUMMER: If we wins this, we still got a chance.
ARI: An actual wave would be handy.
COMMENTATOR: 20 seconds left, Sousa goes hunting for a Hail Mary ride. But will Levins beat him to it?
GRIFF: Come on!
SUMMER: Come on, Brazil!
COMMENTATOR: Sousa's up... Needs all the moves here.
*Everyone cheers and applauses because he sticks the landing*
ARI: Yeah, Marlon!
COMMENTATOR: Levins finishes strong on 15 points overall. But the judges still conferring on Sousa's last wave. He needs a 7.5 or better. And it's a 7.7!
*Everyone cheers and applauses*
COMMENTATOR: And that means the Sub from the South takes out the Boys' Final!
POPPY: You did it.
*Poppy says as she wraps her arms around Marlons neck and they kiss*
COMMENTATOR: Unbelievable stuff! That puts Team Victoria right back in the game!

WITH ELO, WREN, & SUMMER
*Elo and Wren are packing their stuff until Summer walks in*
WREN: What do you want?
SUMMER: Found 'em under the tree. Marlon just won his final. We're still in this. But we need you, Wren.
*Wren looks up at Elo who is folding her stuff standing up*
ELO: Well, you ditched us, Torres. So now you have to live with the consequences.
SUMMER: This was always about you, wasn't it? You never cared about us. You didn't even care about Wren and Bax. You just wanted, like, payback on your old team or something.
ELO: You have no idea what I have sacrificed to make sure these kids are on the right path. Everything I do is for them. Our parents... They left years ago. And with no help, I've turned them into champions. I've given them careers.
SUMMER: Wren, if you really wanna know what's best for your career you'd be out there competing with us.
WREN: When I make the Word Tour in three years no-one's gonna care who did what at Nationals.
SUMMER: Is that what she's telling you now? If you keep listening to her, you're gonna end up alone.
ELO: She will never be alone.
SUMMER: Fine. When I win the trophy I'll tag you in the photos.
*Summer walks out of the room and back to the beach*
COMMENTATOR: Seems like 3 of our shining stars, Baxter Radic, Wren Radic, and Jade Torres have chosen to disqualify themselves! Now Summer Torres is filling in for her sister, Jade Torres! Torres digs deep, looking to seal the deal on this Quarter Final.
*Everyone cheers for Summer because she caught a wave and didn't fall off*
TOMMY: Yeah, Summer!
COMMENTATOR: And that's it!
*Wren grabs her board and walks past everyone leaving them confused*
COMMENTATOR: Torres carves her way into the next round! Things are really heating up out there. Wren Radic has decided to come back for her team and has charged her way though the early heats, and shows no signs of slowing down. Can she lead the underdog Victorians all the way to the national title? After an epic day, it all comes down to this.
OTHER COMMENTATOR: Yeah, the Girls' Individual Final is just minutes away.
*Bodhi walks up to Tuscany*
BODHI: Good luck.
*Tuscany smiles and Bodhi walks away*
COMMENTATOR: The three top teams all have a chance to win this. Everything is on the line here.
☆彡
word count: 1110