team bonding (pt1)

JADE: I just wanted to see if you'd lie
☆彡
SUMMER: What do you mean, lie?
JADE: I'll talk to you about it later, we need to set up.
SUMMER: Uh- okay.

BACK WITH ARI, WREN, & HONEY
*Wren is sitting in between Ari's legs watching a surfing video of someone doing an air*
ARI: Anyway, don't stress about airs. You're still the best surfer on the team.
WREN: That's sweet. But, um... Yeah, I still need to work on it.
*Honey opens the door and walks in the room*
HONEY: Dinner's ready.
WREN: Honey, remember I asked you to knock instead of just barging in?
HONEY: If we're talking about house etiquette, the door is meant to stay ajar.
ARI: Thanks, Honey.
*As Ari says that Wren looks back at him confused and shocked and she gets up and shuts the door*
WREN: She can be so annoying sometimes.
*Both of their phones ding and it's a picture that says team bonding*
ARI: So, you want to go?
WREN: Obviously you do.
ARI: You're not a fan of Summer, are you?
WREN: What? No Summer's so cool. Yeah, she's awesome, and Jade too. Everyone loves them.
ARI: It's just that she thinks you might be jealous. Which, if you are, is totally cool. It's actually kind of cute.
WREN: Oh, my God. Ari, I'm not. Okay? At all.
ARI: Ok. No. Cool. Because there's absolutely no reason to be.
WREN: Promise?
*He moves closer and puts his pinky up*
ARI: Promise.
*They do the pinky promise and then kiss*
ARI: So. will you be my date?
WREN: I guess we could make an appearance.
ARI: Cool.
WREN: Power couple that we are.

WITH MANU, MARLON, & POPPY
MANU: I don't get it, eh.
*Manu says as him and Marlon are both looking at the T.V while playing some kinda video game*
MANU: I mean, like, she coached Queensland to three National Titles on the trot. Why did they let her leave?
MARLON: I don't know. Maybe... she wanted a new challenge.
MANU: Is she a better coach than me?
*Marlon laughs*
MARLON: Yeah. Yep.
*They look over because they heard the bead things that are hanging from the door move to see Poppy in a white skirt and like a cream ish shirt that ties in the back with her hair up and wearing hoops*
MANU: Don't teach me Brazilian now.
*He says as he doesn't notice Poppy at first but then he turns his head to look at her as Marlon checks her out (😭) *
POPPY: Can you help tie me up?
MARLON: Yeah.
POPPY: You can't go in that, by the way.
MARLON: I'm... not going.
POPPY: What? Why?
MARLON: Because It's desperate. It's embarrassing enough going to training. I mean I don't know how Summer does it.
POPPY: Don't listen to Griff. He's being a douche. I want you there.
MANU: You guys have a training sesh in the morning, don't ya?
POPPY: Oh, relax, Manu, it's team bonding. It'll be totally chill.

WITH EVERYONE AT 'TEAM BONDING'
*People are kissing, jumping in the pool and honestly just acting crazy. Summer is making sure no one is going in the house or anything crazy and I'm doing the food as I see Ari and Wren walk out as I turn off the grill and walk toward them but completely ignore Wren*
JADE: Hey, Ari I didn't know you were coming! Hey uh- I think Summer said she needed to talk to you, so whenever you get a chance.
*Okay I totally just lied but Ari and Summer belong together so I need to try my best or make it happen. I give Wren a cocky smile and she rolls her eyes and I walk back to the grill. about 10-15 minutes later I see Bax walk outside the house but Summer blocks my view*
SUMMER: Ok i'll handle the grill for awhile you just go hang out with someone, anyone.
JADE: Ok thanks sis
*I walk up to Poppy who's dancing*
JADE: Hey pops!
POPPY: Hey I'm like kinda drunk right now
JADE: Girl- the 'team bonding' just started?
POPPY: Soo? So what's going on with you and Baxxxxxx?
*I cover her mouth so fats and now she's mumbling*
JADE: Maybe we can talk about this when your not drunk as hell
POPPY: Wait.. YOU HOOKED UP?
*Everyone looks at us including Bax and I cover her mouth again*
JADE: Sorry guys she's drunk continue on!
WREN: How do they know this many people?
SUMMER: Yo! Who's ready for some burgers?! We got vegan ones too.
JADE: Hey guys, you hungry?
BAXTER: Yeah. Five.
*He acts like he's eating a massive burger as I laugh and playfully roll my eyes and walk over to summer*

BTW UR OUTFIT

(o p t i o n a l !)JADE: Hey Sum-Summm!SUMMER: Are you drunk?JADE: A little

(o p t i o n a l !)
JADE: Hey Sum-Summm!
SUMMER: Are you drunk?
JADE: A little. 5 burgers
SUMMER: Why 5?
JADE: Bax
SUMMER: Oh- makes sense he always asks for a shit load of food but he never finishes it.
*I laugh*
SUMMER: Hey, later can we talk?
JADE: Sureee

WITH WREN & BAX
*Bax stands by Wren as she pulls out her phone and aims it at the crowd & Summer with Jade*
BAX: Wren, what are you doing?
*He says while looking in the crowd, looking for a special someone*
WREN: Elo thinks they're so good for the team. Wait till she sees this.
BAX: Why does everyone think your the smart one?
*Bax takes the phone out of Wrens hands and stands in front of her with it*
BAX: Yoink!
WREN: Give it back, Bax.
BAX: Yeah, 'cause being a total narc is gonna make you super popular, mate.
WREN: I have friends.
*Bax laughs as I walk back over*
JADE: Summer said you can't have 5 only 1.
*I hand it to him and walk of to Poppy*
BAX: As I was saying, no, you had "surfing associates" who ditched you the second we left town.
WREN: Yeah? And whose fault is that? Hmm?
BAX: Look, I realize you don't go to too many parties, but hot tip...try and stay in the now.
*Bax smiles and gives Wren her phone back and walks off somewhere. Everyone starts dancing and having fun as Summer sees and smiles as me Bodhi, and Poppy are behind Summer talking*
JADE: Bodes, no more texting your girlfriendd
*Summer turns around facing us*
SUMMER: Excuse me, girlfriend?
BODHI: Shes not my girlfriend. We're just messaging.
☆彡
A/N KINDA IMPORTANT
A/N: Things between Bax & Jade might start happening soon 🤫 but it's gonna happen kinda slow so I can think of ways to make it better!

word count: 1120