the night/second day of nationals

SUMMER: We were hanging out with Tuscany. We had a very long chat. Turns out it want Bax that got dropped from Queensland.
☆彡
JADE: It was you and Elo. You for bullying, and Elo for "toxic coaching".
WREN: Wow. Tuscany's an even bigger liar than you two.
JADE: No, that's your thing. That and lying to your brother, for a whole year! How could you do that?
WREN: Do you think anyone's gonna believe this coming out of you two's mouths?
SUMMER: I can't believe I let you make me think I didn't deserve being here, even a sub, in fact.
WREN: You don't, Summer! Neither do you, Jade.
*I laugh*
JADE: Do you really think I care that you don't think I deserve what I worked hard for? The reason I'm on the team, is because I'm good, and Summer is amazing too. I'm here for a reason.
WREN: I've been doing this since I was two years old and you two, what, decided you guys wanted this a month ago?
JADE: You love to tell us that, except your mad we're naturals at this and you were shit.
*Summer laughs*
JADE: And, Wren, stop deflecting. Tell Bax what you did, or I will.
WREN: You say anything and Elo will bench you tomorrow. You want to surf Nationals? Show everyone you and Summer aren't just some kook who got lucky? You would keep both you're mouths shut.
THE NEXT DAY
☆彡
*I walk back to the motel holding the board Bax shaped me*
BOY: Seriously? Grow up. This is juvenile.
MARLON: Hey! Anyone seen my trackies?
*I notice all of our stuff on the road, in the trees, and honestly just hanging everywhere*
JADE: What the hell?!
BODHI: We should complain. Get them penalized.
*I look at Wren who is on Ari's shoulders getting some clothes that are hanging off the string lights*
WREN: Pre-dawn raid. Classic New South Whales.
*Griff sort of comes outside in just a towel covering his yk*
GRIFF: Oi, can someone grab my daks?
ARI: Did you sleep naked?
GRIFF: It was a hot night.
*I laugh and Griff gives me a death stare*
ARI: We're in the same room, you grub!
GRIFF: And?
*Now Griff is fully outside*
WREN: Okay, everyone listen up. They're only planking us because they see us as a threat. Ari, can you put me down?
*Ari leans down and she gets off*
WREN: We can't let anything derail this team. We're still a big chance of the win.
*I roll my eyes*
BODHI: Wren's right. Don't let them psych us out.
GRIFF: Yeah, we're in third place. Eyes on the prize, team.
*Poppy picks up her shirt and looks up and sees the boat her mom made her laying sideways on a tree branch*
POPPY: Is that my goat?
*Marlon walks over to Poppy as he puts his wetsuit in his bag and looks up*
MARLON: Oh, man, those jerks.
*Elo walks out of her room*
ELO: New South Whales never get tired of this one, do they? Alright, guys, grab what you need and we'll get payback on the water.
SUMMER: But we have to get the goat. It was the last thing Poppy's mom gave her before she died.
ELO: It'll still be here when we come back with the trophy.
JADE: Wow.
*I whisper*
POPPY: Yeah, it's fine. Let's just go.
MARLON: No, it's cool, Pops. I'll get it.
*Elo walks up to Summer*
ELO: Try and focus on subbing today instead of other people's business.
*Elo walks away from Summer and walks up to Ari*
ELO: Ari, your heat's up first. Let's get your head in the game.
TIME JUMP NATIONALS HAS STARTED
COMMENTATOR: And here we are at the last day of Nationals. Heaps of young surfers have been out there practicing, and for good reason. Today we're on the Individual Competition.
OTHER COMMENTATOR: Yeah, now every surfer has the chance to make the final and bring home some big points for their teams. This is where careers are made.
COMMENTATOR: New South Whales are currently leading the overall tally, with WA in second and Victoria in third. The first round is only moments away. Dante Levine from New South Whales as been untouchable so far. But he'll be up against rising stars like Ari Gibson in what's shaping up to be one of the most challenging heats of the competition.
*Elo walks up to Ari who is sitting on a chair squishing his balls (🤨)*
ELO: Ari, I know you copped a tough heat, but someone had to. We're all counting on you, so whatever this is, snap out of it.
*Elo snaps in his face and walks away and then Wren walks up to him*
WREN: Ari. You look like you're freaking out. Can you just stop freaking out...
*The rest of what she says muffles and she stands up and stands next to him*
COMMENTATOR: Another powerful ride from Dante Levins, looking to extend his big lead. With only a few minutes to go in this heat, the big surprise is Ari Gibson who's yet to put up a score.
SUMMER: Something's wrong.
ELO: Of course something's wrong! He hasn't caught a wave all heat!
WREN: It's fine. He's waiting for the right one.
ELO: Except he needs two, Wren!
SUMMER: You guys realize he needs space before a heat, right? You got in his head.
*I stand next to Summer*
WREN: We got in his head?
COMMENTATOR: Gibson came in as a promising contender here, but he's being either very choosy or very indecisive.
*The siren blares*
COMMENTATOR: There we go. The New South Whales and Queensland riders get through easily. And that ends Gibson's run at Nationals. That is a big blow to Team Victoria's chances.
ELO: I don't get it! What happened? What on earth happened out there?!
ARI: I thought I had more time.
ELO: Really? You didn't hear the five-minute warning? Or the two-minute warning...
*Bodhi and Poppy walk out of the changing room and look at each other*
ELO: ...or the one-minute warning?
BODHI: Shes really going hard.
SUMMER: Shes making an example of him.
ARI: I'm sorry.
ELO: Sorry for what? Costing me the title?
BAX: Elo, he's out. Just let him process.
ELO: Honestly, I had concerns you were gonna crack under the pressure, but Wren kept telling me that you had clutch.
SUMMER: Alright, back off. You don't get to talk to him like that.
JADE: I agree.
ARI: Summer, Jade, don't.
ELO: Okay, Jade. You wanna join him on the bench?
☆彡
word count: 1110