lets go unscramble

ELO: Hey, Jade. So, I'm gonna change it up for Nationals. You and Wren are gonna be my girls pair. It's a killer combo.
☆彡
JADE: Uh- with all due respect, Elo, Wren hates me. And this situation is not going to improve.
ELO: Sounds like the feelings mutual.
JADE: Sorry, Elo, but that's not going to happen.
*I start to walk away but she walks after me*
ELO: I'm doing this for a reason. You are amazing at surfing, a talent, but Wren is in a different league.
*I crouch down and pick up my board*
ELO: You can sit around resenting her, or you can use that fire to overtake her.
*I put my board in the case thing*
JADE: Didn't you say this was about trust? Working together.
ELO: Well, working together also means pushing each other. If you and Summer want a future in surfing, you have to be the very best. And if you don't, what are you even here for?
*Elo walks away*

WITH POPPY, JADE & MANU
POPPY: Manu! Why do we never have any food in the fridge?!
*Poppy shouts from inside the house*
MANU: 'Cause I'm not your butler.
*Manu says as he hoses off a surf board as I walk over to him*
MANU: Oi, what's going on at this training camp? Some stroppy Poppy going on up there.
JADE: Yeah- um it was intense.
MANU: Yeah? Do I need to have a word with Elo or what?
JADE: I just don't get her coaching style.
MANU: Okay. I'm listening.
JADE: Well, I heard you helped Ari last year when he was struggling and I'm feeling a little scrambled myself.
MANU: What I'm hearing is that they should've made me coach.
JADE: Definitely.
MANU: Okay, sweet. Let's go unscramble.

WITH ARI & MARLON
*He sits on his board waiting for a wave and Marlon paddles next to him and splashes him*
MARLON: Bro, you surfing or sleeping?
*Ari laughs and follows Marlon and they skip the first wave and Ari catches the second one and then Marlon catches one and does a little trick in the air*
MARLON: Yeah, bro!
*Ari catches another wave and then Marlon and so on. They start walking out the water together*
MARLON: Wait, so, Wren wants to make a man out of you.
ARI: Oh, don't say it like that.
MARLON: And then Summer gets jealous and pulls you into her tent.
ARI: No! I went into her tent.
MARLON: Dude. When did you become such a player? That's amazing.
ARI: That's the thing. I'm, like, the opposite of a player. It was a dog act. But it's, like, Summer has infected my brain. Dude, I'm trying to move on but I can't. It's mad complicated.
MARLON: Bro, it's not complicated. You like America. And you need to tell Wren. That's it.
ARI: Yeah.

WITH THE GIBSONS
*Ari gets back home to hear Wren*
WREN: I reckon you and mum would definitely be friends. She just bought her own loom.
ABBIE: Hi, love.
ARI: Hey. Oh, hey, Wren.
WREN: Hi.
ARI: I didn't know you were gonna be here.
WREN: Yeah, I'm just helping out here.
*She says as she continues to put clothes on the hang thing and she walks over to where Abbie is and takes off her gloves*
ARI: I was thinking...
*Ari puts his board back in place*
ARI: ...Did you maybe wanna go to Farouk's for a bite? Are you hungry?
WREN: Um... not really. I'm kind of obsessed with your mum's shibori.
ABBIE: Wren and I were just talking about her parents. They can't come for her birthday anymore.
ARI: Oh, man, that sucks.
WREN: Oh, it's not their fault. They went to a full-moon party on a remote island and then they got stuck, at the barge sank, and they're lucky they weren't hurt.
HONEY: Does anyone want to hear about the behavior of house wrens? They're very manipulative birds.
ABBIE: Oh, not now, Honey.
WREN: Anyway, it's just a stupid seventeenth.
ARI: Yeah...
WREN: I mean, a party would've been nice, but it's yuck at our place with Elo and Nationals and ahh. She's really stressed about that.
ABBIE: If it's small, we could do something here. Backyard barbecue?
WREN: I don't want to impose.
ARI: No. No, not at all. Let's do that. Yeah. No worries.
WREN: Wow! Thank you so much. Yeah, you guys... You guys are the best.

WITH MANU & JADE
MANU: The ocean is a place of contradictions. Full of patterns, chaos. Danger and joy. Most of the time conditions can be tricky, unpredictable.
*Manu says as we sit crisscross on the sand*
MANU: But you should also be open to perfection. Now, that is what visualization is all about.
JADE: When did you get so hippy?
MANU: Shh. Close your eyes. I want you to imagine the perfect day on this break. What do you see? What do you hear? What do you feel? Now there's a wave coming. It's your wave. And you're about to have the perfect ride on the last pulse of energy from a ripple that started 10,000km across the sea. Out here... the ocean will provide you with the clarity you need to see through the noise and truly connect. Out here...on your perfect break...all you really want will reveal itself.
JADE: It's harder than I thought.
MANU: It's tough to achieve what you can't imagine. Let's try again.

WITH POPPY
*She picks up a photo of her and Bodhi from off her mirror and puts it in the box angrily and then softly grabs the goat and puts the box on the island angrily and Marlon walks in the kitchen*
POPPY: Cleaning.
*She drops something and Marlon puts it back into the box and Poppy grabs something out of the fridge and Marlon takes the goat out*
MARLON: Wasn't this from your mum?
POPPY: Yes, and it's dumb. I'm not even the best surfer on the state team, there's a goat in my room. No wonder Bodhi thinks I'm arrogant.
*Marlon grabs her hand and pulls her closer*
MARLON: She doesn't think that.
POPPY: You weren't there.
*Me and Manu walk in*
MANU: Busted!
JADE: This is kinda cute.
MANU: Okay, who's up for a gym sesh?
POPPY: Why? So you can crush me under a barbell like you did with Marlon?
*Poppy grabs her goat and starts to walk away*
MANU: That was a friendly chat about responsibility!
*Poppy rolls her eyes and slams her door*
MANU: Okay...
*I go into Poppy's room and sit up on her bed and she lays down with her feet in the air looking at me*
JADE: First of all, you and Marlon are so cute it's almost gross. But is that why Bodhi went off on you?
POPPY: Probably. I think she saw us together.
☆彡
word count: 1153